+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phew…a point gained following decent substitutions

Phew…a point gained following decent substitutions

What a difference Wallace and Diangana made up front with Reach and Vila settling the midfield. The latter again looking very accomplished.
    A great winner from Furlong after a poorish display defensively, and a deserved goal from Asante as a reward for his 100% effort.
    A great start (well 20 mins) and disappointing not to score at least one from the chances created. Sadly the final 25mins of the 1st half, we reverted to our usual recent poor start.
    Palmer made some decent saves and I guess he was unsighted for one of their goals. (Where was Bartley?)
    Yoku looked off the pace, but great positive runs from Fellows again.
    Sadly, I thought Mikey had a poor game and felt he should have been substituted at half time.
    AJ showed some critical defensive pace and positive runs forward, but was suspect to a couple of lapses on concentration.
    It felt like a win as we left !!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    What a difference Wallace and Diangana made up front with Reach and Vila settling the midfield. The latter again looking very accomplished.
    A great winner from Furlong after a poorish display defensively, and a deserved goal from Asante as a reward for his 100% effort.
    A great start (well 20 mins) and disappointing not to score at least one from the chances created. Sadly the final 25mins of the 1st half, we reverted to our usual recent poor start.
    Palmer made some decent saves and I guess he was unsighted for one of their goals. (Where was Bartley?)
    Sadly, I thought Mikey had a poor game and felt he should have been substituted at half time.
    AJ showed some critical defensive pace and positive runs forward, but was suspect to a couple of lapses on concentration.
    We won!? 🤔😳

I guess you missed the important defensive blocks tackles and clearances from Furlong then Prando?
    It was a gutsy comeback wasn’t it?

Was a good result in the end, especially given other results. I feel a bit emotionally drained from watching!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I guess you missed the important defensive blocks tackles and clearances from Furlong then Prando?
    We sit fairly close to the pitch East Stand Smethwick end and get a great look at Furlong boing buddy. Those who sit around me would confirm I am vociferous in my support for Darnel when appropriate. (Never negative shouts from me…just silent when mistakes are made!)
    I didn’t think he was at his best today though.
    To his credit, he always seems to give 100% and happy to throw himself into the mix when essential, but somewhat suspect to unnecessary and sometimes petulant fouls.
    He would be my 1st choice RB and on balance his defensive errors are countered by his attacking threat. (I wish he did more of that though, rather than the turn and back pass…but playing to orders I guess.
    There was a sign of relief around us as we left…and indeed mickd buddy, it therefore felt like a win !

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post

Apart from the goal which was a cracker - Prando summed up everything 100% and Furlong was very poor - poor passing and failed to cut out the cross for their second goal. Like Prando - I was on top of the action!

Diangana was the stand out player who made the difference and was class when he came on!

We sit fairly close to the pitch East Stand Smethwick end and get a great look at Furlong boing buddy. Those who sit around me would confirm I am vociferous in my support for Darnel when appropriate. (Never negative shouts from me…just silent when mistakes are made!)
    I didn’t think he was at his best today though.
    To his credit, he always seems to give 100% and happy to throw himself into the mix when essential, but somewhat suspect to unnecessary and sometimes petulant fouls.
    He would be my 1st choice RB and on balance his defensive errors are countered by his attacking threat. (I wish he did more of that though, rather than the turn and back pass…but playing to orders I guess.
    There was a sign of relief around us as we left…and indeed mickd buddy, it therefore felt like a win !

Correct as I was there albeit in the West Stand - Furlong was very poor today apart from the cracking goal. Clumsy - poor passing and should have cut out the cross for their second goal! He was well beaten by their winger on a number of occasions too!

Agreed with Diangana but I thought that Wallace was poor again. He is just lacking any confidence at the moment. There is a good player lurking but he needs to have one good game and that confidence will come flooding back.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Apart from the goal which was a cracker - Prando summed up everything 100% and Furlong was very poor - poor passing and failed to cut out the cross for their second goal. Like Prando - I was on top of the action!

Diangana was the stand out player who made the difference and was class when he came on!
    Nonetheless, I watched on iPlayer and even Andy Johnson mentioned Furlong quite a few times in his commentary for clearances and blocks. I can’t unsee or unhear that. I think the whole team ebbed and flowed today and Watford were tough opposition, so all in all more than happy with a point.

Name:  IMG_0080.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  16.0 KB

Todays Stats: Grady man of the match with 8.3 (not in starting line up)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)