+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player and manager ratings v Franchise Fc

Player and manager ratings v Franchise Fc

LAH - Distribution was decent, let down by his defence *shock* - 6

Nemane - Wasn’t my MOTM but was an average performance for him. Gets an extra point for that important goal - 7

Macari - Ok I thought, much better than Warner. Couldn’t understand why he was subbed at that point - 6

Baldwin - Megged for their first goal and poor decision making for their third goal but good moments inbetween. Nice aggression and desire - 6

Cameron - Much better from the captain, got his head down and concentrated on doing things correctly - 7

Chicksen - Blocking crosses, reading the game, comfortable in possession, numerous dangerous crosses, an assist and a good post match interview. Probably my MOTM actually - 8

Robertson - I really like this guy, always shows up and takes responsibility. Really committed himself today and was tidy and clever with the ball….took a smart booking late on too. Imagine him and a fit Matty Palmer in the same team. It doesn’t help having two left footers playing in similar roles. - 7.5

Austin - Not been his biggest fan but thought he was really good today. Partly to blame for the build up for their first goal but his energy was ***** to our good performance which was lost when Bostock came on. Goal as well! 7.5

Crowley - Didn’t perform to his Bradford levels but everything good still came through him. A delight to watch really. A few really poor passes in the first half though - 7

Jatta - A mixed bag. Terrible control at times, an awful missed free header at 0-0 but he was at least an outlet and he worked tirelessly. Wonderful header for the goal. Clearly knackered by the end - 7.5

Macca - Got involved more than we’ve seen lately, a typical Macca display. Unlucky with hitting the crossbar. Could’ve laid it on a plate for Didzy right at the death but neither shot or crossed the ball. Be sad to see him go when he goes - 7

Subs

Bostock - Totally out of sorts. I love the guy but he looks finished - 5

Warner - Dont get him at all - 5

Didzy - Clearly unfit - 5

Jones - Made one or two things happen and got a ***** assist - 6

Maynard - Got a decent performance out of the players but his subs often leave me scratching his head. I was expecting the phrase ‘respect the point’ in his after-match interview….which was defiant, if not a bit deluded. Does he have the mentality to win big home games….or any games?! We could’ve won today but I think his subs drew it. Still unsure on him - 6

Agreed

Little bit pished but here's my take.

Manager hasn't been given enough chance, even if I wouldn't have appointed him. He's come at the wrong time and is paying for it.

McGoldie wasn't the sub to make. He's past it.

How much space did Harrison have? He could've lit a cigar and puffed it it thrice before picking his spot. How did that happen? Will have to watch it back.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Little bit pished but here's my take.

Manager hasn't been given enough chance, even if I wouldn't have appointed him. He's come at the wrong time and is paying for it.

McGoldie wasn't the sub to make. He's past it.

How much space did Harrison have? He could've lit a cigar and puffed it it thrice before picking his spot. How did that happen? Will have to watch it back.
    We should never have signed McGoldrick in the first place. It was an incredibly short sighted and expensive move fuelled by nostalgia and with the hope appeasing the fans before we lost our best player.

The money we're spending on his wages would've been so much better spent spread out around the squad, particularly on the defence, than on one player.

I wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day in the summer and I wouldn't mind it either.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-04-2024 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    We should never have signed McGoldrick in the first place.
    We shouldn’t have signed Derby’s best player who had just scored 25 goals and made the TOTS in League One (and who was so keen to join he approached us and was willing to earn a fraction of the salary he’d previously been on)?

Clearly he was joining us for sentimental reasons but from our perspective it was a no-brainer in terms of where he was coming from, though I agree it added to us being top-heavy. But over the course of the season he has played his part and I think has around 15 goals which isn’t a bad return when generally he’s been out of position and injured for the past couple of months.

For me the big mistake’s been not really managing his minutes earlier in the first half of the campaign, but I wouldn’t write him off yet personally; he’s one of the few of our ‘big’ players that I expect will still want to be here next season so we may need him.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    We shouldn’t have signed Derby’s best player who had just scored 25 goals and made the TOTS in League One (and who was so keen to join he approached us and was willing to earn a fraction of the salary he’d previously been on)?

Clearly he was joining us for sentimental reasons but from our perspective it was a no-brainer in terms of where he was coming from, though I agree it added to us being top-heavy. But over the course of the season he has played his part and I think has around 15 goals which isn’t a bad return when generally he’s been out of position and injured for the past couple of months.

For me the big mistake’s been not really managing his minutes earlier in the first half of the campaign, but I wouldn’t write him off yet personally; he’s one of the few of our ‘big’ players that I expect will still want to be here next season so we may need him.
    He's a leader off the pitch too
    Have a look at him on the touchline if he's sub or injured - always encouraging and shouting advice to our players

Much better overall today, particularly in the first half, though with the same frailties showing, it was still by far the best performance at ML under Maynard and an unexpected point against a good side.

Much more tempo and purpose about our play and credit to the home support who stuck with the team throughout as a result of this. 2-3 would’ve been grossly unfair so the late equaliser was the least we deserved.

Ratings -

Ashby-Hammond - 6.5 - Distribution is the best of the 3 keepers and don’t think he could’ve done anything with any of the goals, though can’t recall him making a save other than that. SM’s policy of swapping the keeper after any mistake isn’t doing us any favours; just leave him in until the end of the season now.

Macari - 6 - Generally dependable display but a couple of dicey moments before he was subbed which looked to be due to an injury.

Baldwin - 6 - Dominant aerially and pace got us out of trouble at times, but always a ‘moment’ or two with him, and not quite sure what he was doing stepping up for the third goal. Also added to the nerves during a poor spell at 2-1 by overplaying in dangerous areas, which thankfully we otherwise did much less of.

Cameron - 7 - Much better the past two games, stepped out with the ball well and did his job defensively. Has shown character.

Nemane - 7.5 - Can see why he was named MOTM, not sure when he’ll get the credit he deserves as gives everything for the cause. 5’4 and he’s flying into challenges and winning headers. Dangerous going forward too and had a hand in the first goal, before popping up with the equaliser.

Crowley - 7 - Creative presence and brave on the ball, set up the first. Another one that didn’t hide.

Robertson - 7.5 - Did pretty much everything you’d want from a holding midfielder, much better at the defensive side than Bostock but more-than capable on the ball too.

Austin - 7 - Popped up with a goal and energy was making a difference before he was subbed prematurely.

Chicksen - 8 - The big surprise today; looked completely out of his depth at LWB in our last home game just over a week ago but was a revelation. Gives us more balance due to his defensive capabilities but offered much more going forward too, turn of pace and outstanding cross for Jatta’s goal was no more than he deserved after another excellent cross was wasted early on.

Langstaff - 8* - Shaded MOTM for me as really played for the team, never stopped running (his pressing led to the 2nd goal), helping out defensively a number of times, and if his 30 yard rocket goes in then we’re surely talking about the goal of the season. Deserved a winning assist at the very end too. Fantastic display.

Jatta - 7 - A real ‘moments’ player, looks way off the standard at times and missed a great chance early on, but then pops up with an absolute bullet header from 12 yards and his overall goal scoring record is surely beyond what anyone could have expected. Definitely something there but still a bit of a rough diamond.

Bostock - 5 - Unsure if the early sub was down to Austin being ill, but even so he was the wrong man to bring on. Handed the impetus back to MK when we were well on top; next to nothing off the ball from him and not a great deal on it either. A shadow of the player who started the season, sadly.

Warner - 5 - Another sub that badly weakened us, though this one was at least enforced. Played them onside for their third, not the first goal he’s cost us with poor positioning either. Can see why we signed him as on paper he’s great, but have yet to see him have a game that’s above the standard of our pre-existing defenders (eg Rawlinson / Brindley) - which is not to say they didn’t need upgrading.

Jones - 7 - Couple of rare misplaced crosses but stepped up when it mattered for yet another assist.

McGoldrick - 6 - Can’t really remember him being involved but wouldn’t single him out as being particularly bad and can understand why he was brought on.

Maynard - Some interesting calls with his team selection, which generally paid off (Chicksen LWB, swapping keepers yet again) and was a much improved performance overall, but then outthought on his subs which seems to be the norm and is probably another sign he isn’t yet ready for this level. Let himself down again with his post-match interview; now trying to peddle that he’s inherited a mess (not a squad that was safely in the top 6 all season prior to his arrival). Look at the bench (let alone the team) he had today and tell me he’s not badly underachieved. Feel he’d get the fans more on-side by taking more accountability himself rather than putting it all down to luck/the players but may be too late for that now. Desperately needs a performance on Saturday against a strong, direct, limited L2 side - exactly the sort of team that’s been winning at Meadow Lane lately.

We should never have signed McGoldrick in the first place. It was an incredibly short sighted and expensive move fuelled by nostalgia and with the hope appeasing the fans before we lost our best player.

The money we're spending on his wages would've been so much better spent spread out around the squad, particularly on the defence, than on one player.

I wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day in the summer and I wouldn't mind it either.
    Ive said all along that we shouldn't have signed him, our priority should have been the defence and a decent goal keeper.. Personally i think both him and Bostock have been largely responsible for much of our play becoming static and predictable.. If we need to progress, then those are the ones we can do without..

7 /10 all round from starting 11 with Chicksen & Macca rightly on 8/10 .
    Substitutes 5/10 except JJ with 7.
    Tinkerman with very poor substitutions again and a complete lack of respect for Williams and the players.
    Completely delusional & BS interview on Radio Nottingham post game.

We were thrilled when one of our own turned down div1 and championship offers to come to us. He was excellent early on, goals, presence, assists. An ex Premier player being coached by SM and his part time mates is the actual problem. I never get how scape goating and chat hating on wages (we just don't know) is helpful. If we never signed him and had a chance of signing him in January we would have been impressed all over again. He is quality and the team needs to build around him and Macca. And he's all Notts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast