+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Styles Smashing It At The Mackems

Styles Smashing It At The Mackems

Not happy campers

Who the hell looked at him and thought “ he’ll do a job for us “.

He’s absolutely ****e , daft part about it every man and his dog knew that before he pulled on the red and white shirt. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/styles.1630787/

Billy big balls finds his niche?

Maybe not!

Styles really fitted into the Val 'one off' season era, like a number of other players did for us. And then he was really awful in the following relegation season, again like a number of other players were as well.
    And despite the nonsensical Hungary Intl call up, which doesn't interest or impress me one little bit to be honest. He's gone badly downhill with us since then, and so had his attitude!. 😕

So Sunderland are on a shocking run apart from winning away last Friday & get pasted 5 v 1 yesterday & it is all down to a division one loan player , people want to give their head a shake , there are bigger problems at Sunderland than one third division player but what puzzles me is why are Barnsley fans taking delight in one of our players struggling ?, if our fans do not like the lad thats fine but surely you would want him to do well so that we as a club we can benefit financially from a potential sale

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    So Sunderland are on a shocking run apart from winning away last Friday & get pasted 5 v 1 yesterday & it is all down to a division one loan player , people want to give their head a shake , there are bigger problems at Sunderland than one third division player but what puzzles me is why are Barnsley fans taking delight in one of our players struggling ?, if our fans do not like the lad thats fine but surely you would want him to do well so that we as a club we can benefit financially from a potential sale
    Agreed. Him not performing at Sunderland doesn’t benefit anyone apart from the “I told you so” brigade who can revel in him not being signed by Sunderland.

I thought Styles took a lot of stick this season when he was with us and he was certainly not our worst player. I did maybe expect a bit more from him maybe but he wasn’t as bad as some make out.

Hopefully if Sunderland don’t want him, he will have a good summer at the euros and either be spotted by another team or can come back here with some form.

He doesn’t want to play for Barnsley, in my eyes he’s made that abundantly clear. He’s displayed the attitude I’m better than them.
    He might be in some peoples opinion but he hasn’t shown any consistent form since Ismael.
    My attitude to life is put in the graft and the rewards will come, he might do well to adopt that mantra.
    I’ve seen many a prima Donna fall by the way side, time for him to knuckle down and put the graft in.
    If he returns to us that’s ok just needs to change his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    He doesn’t want to play for Barnsley, in my eyes he’s made that abundantly clear. He’s displayed the attitude I’m better than them.
    He might be in some peoples opinion but he hasn’t shown any consistent form since Ismael.
    My attitude to life is put in the graft and the rewards will come, he might do well to adopt that mantra.
    I’ve seen many a prima Donna fall by the way side, time for him to knuckle down and put the graft in.
    Totally agree Eths. Summed up very well.

Couldn't agree more Ethel , Mads Andersen I've all the time in the world for , that's how to be a professional footballer and an example .

I care as much about Styles as he does about us , zilch .

Excellent summing up Ethel.

He’s only played one decent game for us this season at reading
    Playing left wing back
    Arguably the best lwb in the league but he’s not been played there
    He does a good job for Hungary in a holding midfield role but not been played there either
    I take your points regarding his desire to play for us and you’re probably right
    One thing I can say though too is that we haven’t missed him in the slightest