+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Vs Real Life

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Reading the board I was feeling apprehensive about going yesterday. All the negativity. But back in the real world I thought there was brilliant support all the way through yesterday. A real belief in the team still and I loved that we didn't turn toxic when they (kept) scoring. I love that despite the crappy results we got behind the players and I think they put in a great performance. For me that's true support and just what's needed.

It just me to wondering why 80% of the vibes on here are negative whereas in the ground it's more like 95% positive?
    Yesterday from the off the team played positively and were looking to get forward with purpose and confidence. In this regard it was more like a LW approach and this set the tone of the game and the atmosphere. This then enabled the fans to respond positively and feed off this. Going behind was a shame, but it wasn’t because we had played awful or were being outplayed. So the fans rightly continued to back the team and the players probably fed off this and they continued to believe. If would have been harsh had we not gone in at half time level.

The second half was similar and whilst substitutions can be debated for both MK Dons and Notts as to what changed the game again there was the effort, intensity and belief throughout.

When the MK Dons third went in it was embarrassing that a couple of bedsheets came out and it seemed like they couldn’t wait to show everyone their spray painting technique.

It did anger and annoy people around where I was sat and I do wonder if players saw it whether it had the opposite effect and gave them a bit of a push as Nemane was over that way and what do you know he thundered the ball into the net for the equaliser.

If as is clear the players are playing for and are with the manager (see Chicksens interview) plus a post mentioned positive things about the manager from Macca plus Mike Williamson was complimentary so key people in the game are rallying around him. That speaks volumes.

If we play with purpose, intensity hunger and desire like yesterday it shows people will get behind the players and manager whoever they are. It’s the minimum standard at home.

SM is obviously learning on the job and it now feels it’s a case of the club and players getting behind him until the end of the season. Then collectively as a group sort the recruitment out to address our vulnerabilities defensively in the summer. Then go again.

When you have a head coach they can only work with the players they have. If LW who’s now in the championship could see the defensive problems and not sort it all the time, expecting someone making the step up from part time was asking a lot. I do think in that respect whilst some people might not want to hear it the club actually owe SM the chance to see how he gets on as they chose him. Plus with the likes of Palmer and Scott back they will be like new signings and as always good summer recruitment that will be key to how we can improve next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Reading the board I was feeling apprehensive about going yesterday. All the negativity. But back in the real world I thought there was brilliant support all the way through yesterday. A real belief in the team still and I loved that we didn't turn toxic when they (kept) scoring. I love that despite the crappy results we got behind the players and I think they put in a great performance. For me that's true support and just what's needed.

It just me to wondering why 80% of the vibes on here are negative whereas in the ground it's more like 95% positive?
    Because message boards like Mad you are anonymous but if you vent the same opinions in the ground you are likely to have a face-to-face argument with people who have different view points.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    They're entitled to their opinion of course, but it certainly didn't seem to read/reflect the overall mood in the ground, and I say that as someone who in fact agrees (with them) that Maynard is not the right man to lead us into next season.

The most amusing thing was that having finally plucked up the courage to unfurl their work of art at 2-3 when they obviously thought we'd lost and it was safe to do so, they hastily hid it away again when Nemane equalised. Apparently their opinion/message wasn't strong enough to survive a 3rd Notts County goal!
    One half decent home game doesn't suddenly make him any better. In fact it doesn't. He cost us the 3 points with his crap substitutions of Bostock and McGoldrick.. Its just a pity the lads in the kop didnt have a banner the whole size of the Kop, He would have seen that..

You really are a miserable piece of work durhampie, always looking for the negative

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Very simple, I’m certain Maynard is wrong man for the job and I say so on here, but at games I’m nothing except supportive. I’m pretty sure there’s many people like me. ( I have a season ticket but didn’t go yesterday, dunno whether I’ll go on Saturday).
    I bet you wished you attended now after missing a cracking game.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I bet you wished you attended now after missing a cracking game.
    I do to be fair, though it’s typical we play half decently in a game I miss. 11 games without a win for me this year, poor.

Everyone on here either does attend or has once attended regularly. Life changes and people aren't always able to write off a Saturday for a match. It Doesn't mean though don't care anymore.

Thinking back to times when we've had bad managers before (there are plenty to choose from) we still turned up home and away. Under Fenton, who only escapes our worst manager stats because the momentum of Sirrel's team carried him, I was there at Luton when we lost 2-0 right at the end of his reign. It was a picture of misery at Luton station, made worse by their fans throwing bottles at us as we walked/ran back. We all hated Fenton, but we still turned up and celebrated when we scored. If there had been a Notts website back then I would have moaned on that at that time, but certainly not during the Sirrel years when we were worth watching. Fans are entitled to their opinion without these constant posts telling us off.

As for Notts fans being the worst, or embarrassing, that's nonsense if you read other boards. I'm a lurker on the Man United site Red Issue. There are exactly the same types on there as here, although many of them are hoolies from back in the day. But whatever insults they throw at each other no one cares about that if they win. The language is way worse, and the other difference is they are not nearly as right-wing as many Notts fans on here.

I have seen many other boards where the same arguments we get on here are carried out. There's nothing new under the sun. So don't get so worked up about it.

"If LW who’s now in the championship could see the defensive problems and not sort it all the time, expecting someone making the step up from part time was asking a lot!"

That's a very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    As for Notts fans being the worst, or embarrassing, that's nonsense if you read other boards.
    I'm one who reads a few other boards, and that's 100% correct. All seem to be made up of moaning minnies and happy clappers unless you read between the lines. You get the occasional troll, but both the negative and positive posters have one thing in common - they desperately want their team to win. When their team doesn't win, they express themselves in very different ways.

Some are apparently sad people with no life who only sign up to look for arguments, but I wouldn't know anything about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm one who reads a few other boards, and that's 100% correct. All seem to be made up of moaning minnies and happy clappers unless you read between the lines. You get the occasional troll, but both the negative and positive posters have one thing in common - they desperately want their team to win. When their team doesn't win, they express themselves in very different ways.

Some are apparently sad people with no life who only sign up to look for arguments, but I wouldn't know anything about that!
    I think a lot of people don't realise that there is often an underlying self-deprecating humour to a rant. Think middle-old aged blokes in 70s sit-coms. As a kid I used to find it hilarious when the old guys used to have a right go at a player or the officials, much of the time designed to get a laugh from their mates. People who take it too seriously probably take themselves too seriously and are projecting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast