+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mad Vs Real Life

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    One half decent home game doesn't suddenly make him any better. In fact it doesn't. He cost us the 3 points with his crap substitutions of Bostock and McGoldrick.. Its just a pity the lads in the kop didnt have a banner the whole size of the Kop, He would have seen that..
    I doubt very much if that's the only bedsheet those kids have ruined lately, I certainly agree that many have reservations about SMs abilities but can only repeat that none of the dozen or more that I have spoken to have any intention of not attending next season. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I doubt very much if that's the only bedsheet those kids have ruined lately,
    Does toilet training happen later nowadays? In my day it was sorted before kindergarten. Mind you it seems to go backwards at my time of life

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think a lot of people don't realise that there is often an underlying self-deprecating humour to a rant. Think middle-old aged blokes in 70s sit-coms. As a kid I used to find it hilarious when the old guys used to have a right go at a player or the officials, much of the time designed to get a laugh from their mates.
    One of my favourite comments from an old codger a few years ago, I think during the Steve Thompson era to the completely untroubled and unoccupied opposition goalkeeper was "You might as well come up here and sit with me, mate!". It got a wry grin from said goalkeeper!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123