+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Beens

Has Beens

I understand the click bait thing and that anyone can say anything they want without regard to truth.

However, I've seen quite a few articles suggesting KP coming back. For 30 million no less. Why? we have a solid midfield with a future superstar potential in Archie as well as super stable and solid tandem of Gruev and Kamara. why splash cash on a project? He's not better than any of the center mids we have playing.

we also need to accept that we are going to lose money on Roca, Wober, Kristensen, Llorente etc. Just write it off as a legacy of Orta and move on if we get promoted.

Hope we start fresh if we make the prem.

Maybe take KP back on a loan deal to Xmas maybe to see if he can rediscover his form then take it from there.

Would not want to throw 30 million quid at a 50/50 chance , still think there is a player in there but the Citeh debacle may have just done him too much damage , a disaster of a career move but a master of a money move for him and his family.

Why take back someone who’s no better than what we have, no disrespect to Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Why take back someone who’s no better than what we have, no disrespect to Phillips.
    Really? When Philips was a Leeds regular and playing for England he was better than any of our current midfield imo. Currently he seems to be in that situation where it cannot get any worse for him - the penalty on Saturday was a bloody joke - but the way its going for the lad it was inevitable. I'd love to have him back personally.

Philips will be on huge money so much as I like him - no thanks.

Roca, Wober and Llorente all having decent seasons so may yet get money in for them.

I like the guy and all that but a no also from me. We have talent here and I’m sure what ever way we go DF and LUFC will be penciling potential players in and (hope not) ones who would leave if any trip-ups. I never like turning back pages for help, we’ve to look forward and make our own help.
    He left for a huge amount of a pay raise although he was on more money with us then I would ever make!! I doubt he would come back down in pay just because. Best put this to bed. This is DF and his back room staff time. He will be looking for players what fit into his plans, maybe KP does but if it’s all about money, best leave it alone, unless he is true to his LUFC and takes a massive pay cut??? Cannot see it….but.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I understand the click bait thing and that anyone can say anything they want without regard to truth.

However, I've seen quite a few articles suggesting KP coming back. For 30 million no less. Why? we have a solid midfield with a future superstar potential in Archie as well as super stable and solid tandem of Gruev and Kamara. why splash cash on a project? He's not better than any of the center mids we have playing.

we also need to accept that we are going to lose money on Roca, Wober, Kristensen, Llorente etc. Just write it off as a legacy of Orta and move on if we get promoted.

Hope we start fresh if we make the prem.
    As you say, click-bait and lazy journalism by some of the mainstream rags.

As to there being any substance, please god no. £30m can be spent much more productively, Phillips is yesterdays man, leave him to his millions, and let LUFC move forward, not backwards.
    Last edited by WTF11; 02-04-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Really? When Philips was a Leeds regular and playing for England he was better than any of our current midfield imo. Currently he seems to be in that situation where it cannot get any worse for him - the penalty on Saturday was a bloody joke - but the way its going for the lad it was inevitable. I'd love to have him back personally.
    And we're back to disagreeing!

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    I like the guy and all that but a no also from me. We have talent here and I’m sure what ever way we go DF and LUFC will be penciling potential players in and (hope not) ones who would leave if any trip-ups. I never like turning back pages for help, we’ve to look forward and make our own help.
    He left for a huge amount of a pay raise although he was on more money with us then I would ever make!! I doubt he would come back down in pay just because. Best put this to bed. This is DF and his back room staff time. He will be looking for players what fit into his plans, maybe KP does but if it’s all about money, best leave it alone, unless he is true to his LUFC and takes a massive pay cut??? Cannot see it….but.
    Ok, I'll suggest that contrary to my other response, if we were to take him back, it would be on a free and he plays for nothing until we see whether he is actually worth paying. THAT would be a statement of intent on the players part, but I won't be holding my breath.

If you sell a car and it gets smashed, why would you buy it back again.

Unless your repair garage is called Bielsas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)