+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding Notts County's Defence

Rebuilding Notts County's Defence

https://x.com/OffTheLineBlog/status/...677800328?s=20

Decent article about who we need to sign, keep and release regarding our defence. Although the thought of having Aiden Stone potentially starting next season is terrifying.

Harrison Male seems a decent shout to me, especially if Dorking get relegated, although not exactly experienced at league two level.

I did read it through but I lost real interest when he says keep KC as a left back (OK, he states in a back 4, but still). On the bench maybe.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 02-04-2024 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Decent article about who we need to sign, keep and release regarding our defence. Although the thought of having Aiden Stone potentially starting next season is terrifying.

Harrison Male seems a decent shout to me, especially if Dorking get relegated, although not exactly experienced at league two level.
    Why are we looking to replace NL level defenders with, well, NL defenders? Harrison Male is in a side that has conceded over 70 goals, so why on Earth would we think he’s an improvement?
    I’d rather we got players released from L1/L2 and if fortunate enough one from the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

We dont need anymore none league defenders... We have seen what they can do..

Gave up when he said to keep Baldwin, that guy has not situational awareness and so gifts goals to the opposition.

Gave up when i saw he said keep Chicksen tbh.

Who out of defenders are out of contract ?

Baldwin ?
    Chicksen ?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Who out of defenders are out of contract ?

Baldwin ?
    Chicksen ?
    Chicksen and probably Macari are the only ones I’d keep of our defence given a choice. Baldwin is far too error prone, and Cameron try as he might just isn’t a Lg2 CB. Decent backups for the bench maybe but certainly not first 11 standard. The rest aren’t even up for debate really….but don’t they all have longer contracts?

That was the worst bit of the summer recruitment, handing contracts out to players out of loyalty who just weren’t good enough to step up. That could restrict any rebuild this summer unless we can shift some out somehow.

This coming summer transfer window will be the most important one in years imo. If we don’t sort out the deep routed issues in the squad now and release the players who are dead wood or not good enough…we’re going to be facing another season of struggles. Regardless of manager.

We need L2 and above signings who have height, speed, strength and experience. That costs. If the Bros don’t deliver there then the good will they’ve had will disappear imo.
    The shenanigans with SM being appointed and amazingly, still in charge, has riled up the ‘old Notts way’ of toxic until it isn’t.

If we start next season with Cameron and Baldwin for example as 2 of a back 3…we’re doomed I tell you, doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    This coming summer transfer window will be the most important one in years imo. If we don’t sort out the deep routed issues in the squad now and release the players who are dead wood or not good enough…we’re going to be facing another season of struggles. Regardless of manager.

We need L2 and above signings who have height, speed, strength and experience. That costs. If the Bros don’t deliver there then the good will they’ve had will disappear imo.
    The shenanigans with SM being appointed and amazingly, still in charge, has riled up the ‘old Notts way’ of toxic until it isn’t.

If we start next season with Cameron and Baldwin for example as 2 of a back 3…we’re doomed I tell you, doomed.
    We need to start by bringing in a tough, experienced centre half who will lead on the pitch and then build the defence around him
    Someone like Flint at Mansfield or Mcfadzean who joined Coventry when they were in L1 or L2 and helped them up through the leagues

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast