+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last year's accounts are in...

Last year's accounts are in...

Big do's & little do's relegation will be an unmitigated disaster.

In the event of relegation I reckon we will need to bring in about £30 million in player sales, cut the wage bill and somehow sustain the debt repayments.

The good news is we are in no danger of falling foul of FFP breaches.

No need to panic whichever way we go.

Alan Pace...

Name:  Naughty step.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  24.2 KB

The exact same story will repeat for the 2024/25 campaign in the likely event of relegation this season...

"The Group sold a number of player registrations and replaced them with newly acquired talent, raising funds
    and significantly reducing total salaries. The Group reduced its borrowings to a sustainable level more
    sustainable for the Championship and subsequently refinanced its debt at a much lower interest rate.
    Borrowings will reduce over time, reducing financial pressure on the club."

Now we can see just how much relegation cost us, turnover down from £123.4 million to £64.9 million. So just under £60 million then, expensive business getting relegated, you'd think they'd have made a serious effort to stay up this year wouldn't you.

I did hear a while ago that we'd got the wage bill down to something under £30 million in the Championship, that turns out to be a load of bollox, the Championship wages were £46.8 million, down from £82 million in the PL relegation season.

And the bottom line is that despite the reduced wage bill, despite the fire sale of players and despite the parachute payments, we posted a loss of £27.9 million last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJH...el=nilinmavisi

It's over. The referees have done for us along with VK's stubbornness. Let's just go out with our pride intact and hope we don't need another fire sale to balance the books. UTC#

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Now we can see just how much relegation cost us, turnover down from £123.4 million to £64.9 million. So just under £60 million then, expensive business getting relegated, you'd think they'd have made a serious effort to stay up this year wouldn't you.

I did hear a while ago that we'd got the wage bill down to something under £30 million in the Championship, that turns out to be a load of bollox, the Championship wages were £46.8 million, down from £82 million in the PL relegation season.

And the bottom line is that despite the reduced wage bill, despite the fire sale of players and despite the parachute payments, we posted a loss of £27.9 million last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJH...el=nilinmavisi
    So come June we will be in the football knackers yard?

It's over CiB. The referees have done for us along with VK's stubbornness. Let's just go out with our pride intact and hope we don't need another fire sale to balance the books. UTC# We will.

If we had Muric and Cullen in the team from day 1 I think we would have had maybe 6 more points.Then terrible VAR and reffing decisions maybe another 6 points.Looks like you are right BT but all we can do now is speculate.The VAR decisions have been criminal-Luton,Forest and last weekend spring to mind immediately.Last nights never should have been free kick another.Its a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    So come June we will be in the football knackers yard?
    The PL TV money must have helped us enormously this season, but we must be looking at another £60 million or so reduction in revenue on relegation. I would think it gets really problematic if we don't get back up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The PL TV money must have helped us enormously this season, but we must be looking at another £60 million or so reduction in revenue on relegation. I would think it gets really problematic if we don't get back up next season.
    I have found it hard to understand why Pace & Kompany have not done everything possible to stay up.

The penny seems to have finally dropped but it's all too little, too late now I'm afraid mon ami.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)