+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who will be renewing their season ticket

Like most fans and in an ideal world, I would like to know who the manager/coach is and the calibre of players Notts will be adding, before raiding my savings for £400 or so.

However, we know it doesn't work like that, and the more up front season ticket sales money the club has, the more it can budget for the above.

My car insurance is due at roughly the same time, so that's over £1,000 I have to find each year.

50 years and counting makes it almost impossible not to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    The new TV deal with Sky might well have a big impact on Season ticket sales.
    See this link to an Oxford United fans debate. https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/end-of-ifollow.9471/
    There are 552 League 2 matches per season. 248 of them will be on Sky, none of which will be in the protected Saturday 2-45 to 5-15 slot. That is nearly every other game.
    Maybe a lot of these will be midweek but it does suggest that several of our revered Saturday games may be played at 12-30 or 5-15 or some oddball time on a Sunday or even a Friday? To be decided by Sky.
    Also appears that iFollow might become iDisappear.
    How much of the £895m would L2 teams get?
    15% equates to circa £5.5m per club over 5 years and is only £1.1m per annum.
    I'm only summising but youd have to think Championship teams would want the lions share, leaving litte for L1 and L2.

I will be renewing , but I am dreading next season if SM is still in charge.

It could be that lower league sides lose out during televised games if crowds drop too much for those matches.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    How much of the £895m would L2 teams get?
    15% equates to circa £5.5m per club over 5 years and is only £1.1m per annum.
    I'm only summising but youd have to think Championship teams would want the lions share, leaving litte for L1 and L2.
    Just using your suggested £1.1m a year at an average of say £12 a time that equates 91,666 admission fees. Given that we have been getting circa 10k (probably not next season!!) for league games which equates to 230,000 in total, I would say from a financial perspective that would be quite a good deal as I doubt we would lose more than 10% of our fanbase by people actually choosing to watch it on TV.
    However, going to football is a habit, once you stop going you may never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Just using your suggested £1.1m a year at an average of say £12 a time that equates 91,666 admission fees. Given that we have been getting circa 10k (probably not next season!!) for league games which equates to 230,000 in total, I would say from a financial perspective that would be quite a good deal as I doubt we would lose more than 10% of our fanbase by people actually choosing to watch it on TV.
    However, going to football is a habit, once you stop going you may never come back.
    I think a lot of you have missed the boat on this one, SKY and BT as well as the clubs must be losings tens of millions a year already.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    The new TV deal with Sky might well have a big impact on Season ticket sales.
    See this link to an Oxford United fans debate. https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/end-of-ifollow.9471/
    There are 552 League 2 matches per season. 248 of them will be on Sky, none of which will be in the protected Saturday 2-45 to 5-15 slot. That is nearly every other game.
    Maybe a lot of these will be midweek but it does suggest that several of our revered Saturday games may be played at 12-30 or 5-15 or some oddball time on a Sunday or even a Friday? To be decided by Sky.
    Also appears that iFollow might become iDisappear.
    To continue the above post.
    17 of this seasons Notts home matches were arranged as Saturday 3pm kick offs. That is 73.9%.
    Next season it will be about 55% if TV matches are evenly distributed.
    So only about 12 or 13 matches will kick off at 3pm.
    Sky will make their picks up and till FA Cup 3rd round day before the season starts. How much before? Probably not until the Early Bird window has closed. Picks after then will probably be based more on current form. If we are doing well, then another 1 or 2 less Saturday 3pm matches probably.
    Will this make a difference to anybody when it comes to buying their season ticket?

I will renew even though I will probably miss games between middle of January until middle of March due to NZ holiday.

5 15 kick offs are great, just Finnish right time for a night out in notts

I will be, along with my brother 👍

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast