+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fire Sale...

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Hope you are right Army.I think we should first get rid of the remaining deadwood.JayRod,Corky,JBG,Brownhill,Roberts,Weghor st and maybe Taylor.Might get £15-20m for those.Maybe a bit more.
    Roberts, Weggy both have just one year left, Brownhill we have a one year option, all the rest are out of contract I think.

If we sell Odebert for a pittance even doubled money at £20 million is poor.

He’ll be a superstar at just 19 he’s held is own and played very well for me and shows signs of being frighteningly good.

We should keep him ( if he’ll stay - all part of development) and then he’ll be worth bigger money imo anyway.

I still think Amdouni will be a gem - some don’t but I think he has the skill set to be awesome.

Lastly Foster will be a good target man imo and he needs a run in the team every week without his medical problems and injury. ( he could also end up being a big payday for Burnley ).

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    If we sell Odebert for a pittance even doubled money at £20 million is poor.

He’ll be a superstar at just 19 he’s held is own and played very well for me and shows signs of being frighteningly good.

We should keep him ( if he’ll stay - all part of development) and then he’ll be worth bigger money imo anyway.

I still think Amdouni will be a gem - some don’t but I think he has the skill set to be awesome.

Lastly Foster will be a good target man imo and he needs a run in the team every week without his medical problems and injury. ( he could also end up being a big payday for Burnley ).
    Problem is army88 we need a short term fix, relegation brings a HUGE financial setback and we are already drowning in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Problem is army88 we need a short term fix, relegation brings a HUGE financial setback and we are already drowning in debt.
    That’s the thing about the land of milk and honey BT - if you get it even slightly wrong when your shopping for bargain - young / players in a very very competitive league and asking them to all come together and make us survive.

We got it wrong this season and we’re potentially paying for it - personally as per earlier post if we sell all the groundwork we’ve done early doors because we didn’t survive then the gamble wasn’t a gamble at all as well straighten the deficit and be back to where we started a season ago - signing loans to make us competitive to get to the land of milk and honey.

If the directors did t plan for a season blip within our so called 4/5 season project it was a poor plan imo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    That’s the thing about the land of milk and honey BT - if you get it even slightly wrong when your shopping for bargain - young / players in a very very competitive league and asking them to all come together and make us survive.

We got it wrong this season and we’re potentially paying for it - personally as per earlier post if we sell all the groundwork we’ve done early doors because we didn’t survive then the gamble wasn’t a gamble at all as well straighten the deficit and be back to where we started a season ago - signing loans to make us competitive to get to the land of milk and honey.

If the directors did t plan for a season blip within our so called 4/5 season project it was a poor plan imo anyway.
    ALK/Pace have been flying by the seat of their pants ever since they took over army88. It's only their undoubted acumen in the money markets that have allowed them to prosper.

What really puzzles me is that relegation does not seem to phase them.

It was fairly well covered a couple of times in the documentary that our financial model will require the sale of a few players each year.

Selling prized assets for profit is the case for most football clubs, but relegation tends to accelerate that unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Roberts, Weggy both have just one year left, Brownhill we have a one year option, all the rest are out of contract I think.
    Weggy,Roberts and Brownhill should bring in £15m surely.If not it shows how poor our recruitment was under SD.

Hoffenheim want Weghorst and we’d like Larson I think so maybe deal to swap / money there.

The wage bill should lessen anyway as a few out of contracts that will / should be moving on and that should ease the finances.

I’ve read today we’re linked with a QPR centre back but we have at least 5/6 including loans out so I’m thinking the clear out might be bigger and some names we didnt expect.

Hey Burnsley lads, do you think its relegation then ?. 😕
    That could have been 2 extra points couldn't it, against Wolverhampton the other night.
    What do you all think about the Everton and Notts Forest points deductions. I think both of them got off lightly, but what do the Prem care ehh, if your "a team like Burnsley! ." 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Burnsley lads, do you think its relegation then ?. ��
    That could have been 2 extra points couldn't it, against Wolverhampton the other night.
    What do you all think about the Everton and Notts Forest points deductions. I think both of them got off lightly, but what do the Prem care ehh, if your "a team like Burnsley! ." ��
    Right on all counts mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)