+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fire Sale...

The Fire Sale...

With relegation virtually nailed on and the publication of last year's accounts, a fire sale is inevitable.

We will need to raise about £30 million by my reckoning.

Where is that coming from?

Not sure that's required bearing in mind that the next set of accounts will include the premier league money from this season
    No doubt some will be sold, but that would have happened in any case

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    With relegation virtually nailed on and the publication of last year's accounts, a fire sale is inevitable.

Muric will be worth a site more than young Jimmy.Apart from him,maybe Odabert and Sander Berge.Definitely no other £20m players in our current team.

We have enough to get us out of the $hit:
    Amdouni worth around £20 million.
    Odobert about the same (potential linked).
    Muric £12 million.
    Weghorst £5 million.
    Churlinov £2 million.
    Vitinho £10 million.
    We might squeeze another £15 million out of this lot:
    McNally is revered at Stoke..
    Twine continues to impress at Bristol City.
    Zaroury failing at Hull.
    Obafemi working hard at Millwall.
    The Dundee set are all doing well.
    What sort of team we can field next season is anybody's guess.

I would think it all depends on how much the wage bill has gone back up this season, and that we don't know. I doubt it will have gone back up to anything like the previous PL level of around £90 million, if the increase has been minimal we could easily cope with that, given we're receiving the TV money again. With the vastly increased turnover this season we might have made a profit or at least broken even and the finances might not be in such a parlous state. But we won't know this season's finances for another 12 months yet.

We have enough to get us out of the $hit:
    Amdouni worth around £20 million.
    Odobert about the same (potential linked).
    Muric £12 million.
    Weghorst £5 million.
    Churlinov £2 million.
    Vitinho £10 million.
    We might squeeze another £15 million out of this lot:
    McNally is revered at Stoke..
    Twine continues to impress at Bristol City.
    Zaroury failing at Hull.
    Obafemi working hard at Millwall.
    The Dundee set are all doing well.
    What sort of team we can field next season is anybody's guess.
    Amdouni will be nowhere near £20m BT.What has he shown to warrant that figure.Odabert is a stretch also but maybe because of his age and potential.I think Berge would be a more valuable asset.

With respect if they sell the assets that we are developing it was all for nothing - so Amdouni- koleosho - odebert - Trafford - O’Shea - Foster - esteve we’re to go before reaching a level we’ve blown money and chances of survival for nothing.

I think tbf if the directors thought automatically we’d survive and spent a lot of money on developing youngsters to sell for next to nowt they are dafter than I imagined. ( it’s a process - like any business plan it needs time - patience and endeavour.).

We should take the 12 month on Brownhill and move him on - I’m sure VK has a few irons in fires anyway.

I posted last week that patience is required many just expect for players to be thrown together - move here and to just perform ( it’s not like that ) you can’t have everything now.

We’ll come again.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    With respect if they sell the assets that we are developing it was all for nothing - so Amdouni- koleosho - odebert - Trafford - O’Shea - Foster - esteve we’re to go before reaching a level we’ve blown money and chances of survival for nothing.

I think tbf if the directors thought automatically we’d survive and spent a lot of money on developing youngsters to sell for next to nowt they are dafter than I imagined. ( it’s a process - like any business plan it needs time - patience and endeavour.).

We should take the 12 month on Brownhill and move him on - I’m sure VK has a few irons in fires anyway.

I posted last week that patience is required many just expect for players to be thrown together - move here and to just perform ( it’s not like that ) you can’t have everything now.

We’ll come again.
    Hope you are right Army.I think we should first get rid of the remaining deadwood.JayRod,Corky,JBG,Brownhill,Roberts,Weghor st and maybe Taylor.Might get £15-20m for those.Maybe a bit more.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 03-04-2024 at 12:37 PM.

Muric, Berge, Odobert - i think if we get decent offers we'll sell.
    Assignon, Esteve, Tresor, JBL, Fofana - I think all will return to their parent clubs. I think relegation clauses will protect both player and club.
    Perhaps the injuries to Beyer and Koleosho will keep prying eyes away.
    I hope we will have stability, but i fear for another turbulent summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Amdouni will be nowhere near £20m BT.What has he shown to warrant that figure.Odabert is a stretch also but maybe because of his age and potential.I think Berge would be a more valuable asset.
    He's highly regarded in Switzerland - ask S.c. Germany calling.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)