+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isak off

Isak off

...the market

Some good stuff from him-was a bit worried when he said 'things can happen' in response to the Arsenal rumours a short while back.

Speaking about his commitment to Newcastle, Isak said: "Yeah, of course I want to be here in the future. I came here for the project, I absolutely love playing here, I really feel at home. I want finish this season in a good way for me and the team.

"Of course, I love playing here. I don't want to entertain these type of questions and rumours. It's not my position. I love playing, we have important games, there's no focus there (on my future), I just want to do good for the team."

Need to build a team round him, Bruno and Botman and sell any other fucker we need to (well, not Tino or Gordon either).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...the market

Some good stuff from him-was a bit worried when he said 'things can happen' in response to the Arsenal rumours a short while back.

Speaking about his commitment to Newcastle, Isak said: "Yeah, of course I want to be here in the future. I came here for the project, I absolutely love playing here, I really feel at home. I want finish this season in a good way for me and the team.

"Of course, I love playing here. I don't want to entertain these type of questions and rumours. It's not my position. I love playing, we have important games, there's no focus there (on my future), I just want to do good for the team."

Need to build a team round him, Bruno and Botman and sell any other fucker we need to (well, not Tino or Gordon either).
    There is a lot of big talk in the London & Fraud 6 centric press about teams throwing £100m around here and there for Bruno and Isak.

We say in January that Man United are broke. Their wage bill is obscene, they won't be in the Champions League next season. They've got deadwood like Casimero, Varane, that wife beater lad, Slabhead and probably a dozen more players that wouldn't get into the Newcastle United first team.

City are probably the only team who can spend that kind of money. Liverpool seem to manager to find money somehow. neither are directly in the market for our players. Pep admires Bruno that's clear but they don't need him. Selling Phillips will free up a space but Leeds seem to be the only team who have an interest if they get promoted at £30m. Bruno is 3x +£10m the price of Kelvin.

I have no concerns about our key players leaving. It's all this is just paper talk from hacks who know nothing about anything other than what they are spoon fed.

Muppets desperate to remain viable as their dying media circles the drain of bankruptcy and obsolescence

Right now I'd not accept 100 mill for either. Seriously, Isak is prime time and very young to boot. Bruno is Bruno. How are we supposed to progress selling our best players like the Ashley days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    How are we supposed to progress selling our best players like the Ashley days.
    Exactly. You build the team around your best players. Not easy with the shackles we have, but it's the only way to try and compete at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I have no concerns about our key players leaving. It's all this is just paper talk from hacks who know nothing about anything other than what they are spoon fed.

Muppets desperate to remain viable as their dying media circles the drain of bankruptcy and obsolescence
    I agree, they're trying to sell papers/get clicks from fans who would obviously want Isak in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Exactly. You build the team around your best players. Not easy with the shackles we have, but it's the only way to try and compete at the top.
    This is the Fraud 6 paradox isn't it.

We sign a player that will make us competitive and challenge for a Champions League spot.

Media kicks into gear to destabilise the player and wind the fans up, creating a false narrative.

Some weeks/months later the player is on international duty, one of the same cadre of hacks poses the questions of moving.

The answer is always the same 'anything can happen in football, Real Madrid/Barcelona are historic clubs.'

Hacks plaster head lines "Top Toon Player unsettled at the club, agent meets Arsenal supremos at top secret meeting in exclusive London hotel. Personal terms agreed. Blah, Blah, Blah"

Then the dumb dumbs in the fan base, the agent provocateurs from other fanbase and all the troll accounts come out the wood work. To shi!te on player for disloyalty, causing a wedge. The player gets vilified, disillusioned and starts to explore options.

____
    That's the old routine with a cabbage faced coward as a manager and a fat crook as owner ready to sleep anything that would make him a quid.

Now the the club is rock solid, great manager, full squad pulling together, great team ethic, board room vision and direction to keep top players motivated and engaged with the project. This process doesn't work.
    ____

So this is where it gets stupid.

We're building to compete with the Fraud 6.
    We are restricted by PSR/FFP and have to sell our players.
    The quality of the players means their price is $80-100m & the player has aspirations of playing Champions League Football.

The only teams who can afford to buy that level of player is the Fraud 6.

So to compete with the Fraud 6 we have to sell our best players to the Fraud 6?

What?

Yeah so we can then free up more money to go and unearth more untested gems from overseas or lower leagues. take the risk on these players. If they come good we are forced to sell them again to the direct competitors above us.

Thus maintaining the status quo of control and dominance of the fraud 6.

Complete nonsense!

This needs to be sorted out to enable free and fair competition.

Coincidently Matt Hardy at the Times wrote this piece regarding the very subject and Isak's value after he made Branthwaite look very average and questions the Everton defenders' alleged £80m price tag (what a joke!)

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2024/04...st-james-park/

“If Jarrad Branthwaite is valued at £80 million by would-be-suitors like Manchester United, then what price does that make Alexander Isak worth?

“And if Newcastle have to sell Isak to progress, then what on earth is the point of being a club in the Premier League with ambition? If that is the case, the fight to stop the Super League was futile, because it’s already here. Clubs like Newcastle and Aston Villa will never be given a chance.

“Isak is 24 and getting better and better. It was his movement that forced an error from Branthwaite as he skipped past the Everton defender to score his 19th goal of the season in Newcastle’s 1-1 draw on Tuesday night.”

Haaland, M'Bappe & Isak put up similar numbers in terms of Goals to games. Both Haaland and M'Bappe have the smoke of a thousand bonfires blown up their a$$es. Prices around the $150-200million are regularly place on the heads of those two.

Yet when it comes to Isak, the same hacks report that Arsenal can just walk in and he'll of course jump ship to join them and NUFC will gratefully accept a staged payment of £80m over 5 yrs as we wipe our dirty coal dust covered hands to seal the deal with the cosmopolitan gent from the elite north London club.

The cultural, classist connotation of arrogance are deeply insulting to the hard working Geordies and other so called 'lesser clubs' all these condescending media hacks offend in their desperate clambering to placate the egos of the fraud 6 clubs & fan bases.

As the Saudi PiF financial machinery goes through the gears with NUFC and they begin to invest in the wider North East region these shame shills will come running, with their sycophantic platitudes desperate to scoff some of the table scraps dropped from the table.

It's good to see some Journos still have a bit of integrity. I don't know much about Matt Hardy's work but I appreciate his candor in this piece.

Good post Rags, and it points out exactly why the likes of us, Villa and any other ambitious club with decent owners should stick to our guns instead of being a selling club, build around our best players and scour the worlds markets to bring in players of equal quality to improve the squad.

At the same time encourage the development of the academy to bring the likes of Miley and others coming through.

We will get to the top like this while the fraud six will stutter and fall back. Just look at their records over the past seasons where they rely on other clubs bringing through talent only to offer big bucks to prise them away. The lazy BASSARDS are not capable of standing on their own feet and building their own clubs on their own talents.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Good post Rags, and it points out exactly why the likes of us, Villa and any other ambitious club with decent owners should stick to our guns instead of being a selling club, build around our best players and scour the worlds markets to bring in players of equal quality to improve the squad.

At the same time encourage the development of the academy to bring the likes of Miley and others coming through.

We will get to the top like this while the fraud six will stutter and fall back. Just look at their records over the past seasons where they rely on other clubs bringing through talent only to offer big bucks to prise them away. The lazy BASSARDS are not capable of standing on their own feet and building their own clubs on their own talents.
    Thanks mate, I appreciate the comment!

Our owners won't sell the family silverware

In a few other posts I've broken down the finances where we are restricted. To reiterate, it's the wages not the signing fees that are causing us the FFP/PSG problems. When the Hendricks & Fraser are off the wage bill this summer we'll have in the region of £400,000 / week in freed up wages.

So, we will do good business this summer as we will have the Sela, Adidas & other new commercial revenue + the freed up income of shipping out the deadwood.

We won't need to sell any of our top talent. Maybe a Miggy or another 'B' tier player but not the elite players.

I just don't see that happening

The solution for us is to buy/develop young players and spend (the money we are allowed to spend) on their wages and so reduce transfer/agent fees.
    This project is clearly under way at nufc and it requires patience from the fans.

We need to be incredibly astute in the market when we do sign someone expensive. An expensive flop could set us back for various windows.

I don’t see another way at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)