+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So give me an example where I haven't been fair? Woke/Anti-Woke? What does that even mean? As far as I can tell people even argue about those definitions so what chance do I have of sorting it out. It's a football message board so why are we even discussing it?

PS Still waiting on which of my views it is that everyone is supporting.
    I support your views that your Mrs wears the trousers.

I don’t think we could have a better moderator than Cam ? even though he let me down with his dads lawn mower ! Yes I think some posts have been amalgamated prematurely when I thought they were separate posts but all in all we won’t find anybody better from a well rounded Rawmish Lad ?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The mods im afraid should do as it says on the tin. Moderate. Ie pull views that are not moderate. Being anti woke or not challenging anti.woke views is not the voice of a moderate person.
    Roly, I agree with much of what you say on here but I struggle with where you are going with this.

Your estimation of what constitutes a ‘moderate person’ is an opinion rather than a quantifiable point of reference.

I don’t think you can define what are reasonable boundaries for what is effectively freedom of speech based on such an arbitrary marker. To try to create some kind of sticky reminder based on what one sector of our Millersmad community consider to be acceptable/unacceptable smacks of an attempt to limit free speech.

Of course, anything written that is illegal has to be censured but, beyond that, I don’t see a need to muzzle what people want to say.

To be clear, I do not say this as an anti-woke, right wing apologist. Much of what gets said on here in that vein is anathema to me. However, whether or not I find it distasteful, I would always defend the writer’s entitlement to express a view.

My solution is simply to avoid reading certain posters (and often not because of the opinion they are likely to express but because they often seem to say the same thing repeatedly - ad nauseam!)

I’m more than happy to hear a range of views on here - whether or not they’re football related. I would prefer not to curtail opinion just because it doesn’t agree with my own.

I come on here regularly for a read and a nosy , but I never leave a comment because it always feels like folk are just waiting to jump on anything for an argument . And to be honest I’m not clever enough to argue back …… oh I do enjoy the lyrics quiz . lol

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Much of this seems really childish to me.
    It's interesting that none of the complainers are offering to put themselves forward as moderators so they can sort out what they perceive as problems.
    Says a lot really.
    How's about just getting back to commenting on the football shambles we've endured this season?
    Exactly this mellow.
    It’s childish tickle tackle.
    Someone criticised a Mod and people jump on it.
    Woke anti woke house rules.
    Maybe we should have 2gangs like they do at school cause that’s where it’s going.
    Fully grown men ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I don’t think we could have a better moderator than Cam ? even though he let me down with his dads lawn mower ! Yes I think some posts have been amalgamated prematurely when I thought they were separate posts but all in all we won’t find anybody better from a well rounded Rawmish Lad ?
    Point of order - it was my lawn mower which my dad inherited when we emigrated and I re-inherited when he sadly passed away. Unfortunately you got trumped by family who came in at the 11th hour to lay claim.

Posts straight after a game end are the hardest to manage as everyone wants their say on just about every topic and if we left it as a free for all we'd go back to the days where we had 10-20 posts and people couldn't remember which one(s) they had commented on. Just because I'm the one who opens the Post Match thread I don't in any way consider it 'my post' and want to garner all the attention. I only open it as I'm (nearly) always online at game end where many are still trying to navigate Don St.

Other posts I merge are usually ones where a topic has been recently discussed and it saves posters from having to repost their thoughts on a new one.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-04-2024 at 07:23 PM.

As a simple life rule.....it`s nice to be nice,unless of course the other person is a right c*nt.

Time we had a government that stamped on all this woke stupidity and gave us a country that stopped all the loud shouting minorities influencing everything. Come on Sir Keir we are relying on you to sort this nonsense when (if) you get control.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Roly, I agree with much of what you say on here but I struggle with where you are going with this.

To try to create some kind of sticky reminder based on what one sector of our Millersmad community consider to be acceptable/unacceptable smacks of an attempt to limit free speech.
    You miss the point CT miller. It is not a sticky based on what Rolymiller wants its actually what footymad want...CAmiller was saying he couldnt be arsed to put footymads basic stuff up about playing nice on here as a sticky.

In effect Millers mad is not following Footymad guidelines on what is or not acceptable. I'm happy for Millersmad to follow Footymad rules. Presumably all other footymad sites do. Surely millersmad is accountable to Footymad or it may as well opt out and just go on its own.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-04-2024 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Time we had a government that stamped on all this woke stupidity and gave us a country that stopped all the loud shouting minorities influencing everything. Come on Sir Keir we are relying on you to sort this nonsense when (if) you get control.
    A white Knight to the rescue?
    Frying pan/fire comes to mind.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast