+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If

If

The match is off on Saturday, who do we blame, surely no ground men’s fault, surely no Nelms fault, can we blame it on the people that drive gas guzzlers, people that go abroad on holiday ? Or just blame God

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    The match is off on Saturday, who do we blame, surely no ground men’s fault, surely no Nelms fault, can we blame it on the people that drive gas guzzlers, people that go abroad on holiday ? Or just blame God
    Well the last option's out because it's fairy tale stuff

We blame the club for not having got the pitch in good order during this last and previous close seasons. We moan at them once for that but now nothing can be done until the coming close season so there is point in piling on again and again with criticism. We are where we are. We have a ridiculously wet spell of weather to cope with and with the worst of the rain coming at the wrong time with respect to match timings. It's not the groundsmen's fault and not necessarily global warming if you ask me. So the fault, outwith the first sentence, is the weather's (the extreme wet stuff we are currently being subjected to) and luck as to when the worst of the stuff happens.

Climate change dosent exist.

It's a combination of wetter than average year and Nelmsy cutting corners with a ridiculous time frame for moving to campy.

I blame D4L......he will.

I'm a climate change denier as the Green nutjobs like to describe folk like you and I. I do reckon what we have experienced this winter past and into 'spring' is, however, a bit more than a wetter than average year. It's the wettest according to some records over the last 100 years. No global warming, no climate change just plain extreme weather that happens maybe every 100 years or 50 years in the scheme of things. I think we have to recognise it for what it is i.e. out of the ordinary and the most extreme, extended wet spell we have experienced in the Dundee area for a few generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I'm a climate change denier as the Green nutjobs like to describe folk like you and I. I do reckon what we have experienced this winter past and into 'spring' is, however, a bit more than a wetter than average year. It's the wettest according to some records over the last 100 years. No global warming, no climate change just plain extreme weather that happens maybe every 100 years or 50 years in the scheme of things. I think we have to recognise it for what it is i.e. out of the ordinary and the most extreme, extended wet spell we have experienced in the Dundee area for a few generations.
    Gave up on "the science" and official records during COVID.......believe very little in anything official now as I realise stats can be manipulated very easily.

Yep it's wetter I see it and feel it....and it will be 45 degrees in summer no doubt.

If you want conspiracy on the weather read Rev Lovejoy on Pravda......not taking the piss as the link he put up with information I do think a lot of it is happening...... unfortunately he's not allowed to expand on it over there as it comes under "politics".

When you can be jailed in Scotland for believing in and quoting actual human biological science what's the point.

Too easy an explanation for the climate change fantasists that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Gave up on "the science" and official records during COVID.......believe very little in anything official now as I realise stats can be manipulated very easily.

Yep it's wetter I see it and feel it....and it will be 45 degrees in summer no doubt.

When you can be jailed in Scotland for believing in and quoting actual human biological science what's the point.
    Are we not now safe from all that now that JK Rowling is going stand beside anyone to repeat anything they say and fight their case? Just wonder though if there will be one law for JKR and one for Joe Public when he states his mind in the pub, at the match or down the street.

Are we not now safe from all that now that JK Rowling is going stand beside anyone to repeat anything they say and fight their case? Just wonder though if there will be one law for JKR and one for Joe Public when he states his mind in the pub, at the match or down the street.
    They will go after the little guy.

Jk wud eat them alive.

4000 complaints in 3 days or so 🤣, polis now sending out standard replies rather than investigate, Scottish people may actually bring this law down......but never forget labour, lib Dems, greens and SNP voted for it.....only the Tories voted against.

Progressive politicians are the true fascists , they hate people having an opinion.

Only thing I'd disagree with jk is.....she wants women to be protected........nobody should be protected......one man one vote, one law one people, the law should protect everyone not specific groups.

I agree woman should have their own spaces for toilets, changing rooms, sport and a few other things but should not being a woman should not be a protected characteristic against hurty words.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    The safest option is usually Nelms or whatever his other names on here are.I hope they rectify this in summer,I reckon they may be warned to make sure they do.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)