+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griff Out. Mullen in

I’ve been on more footy boards than most folk, and certainly more than anyone on t’other board. I reckon at least half are shut down either permanently or to the point where they’ve no footfall any more. The ones that are left have all suffered from declining interest and reduced posting numbers. So thanks for singling this one out. I run it for the likeminded people who are happy to post here and belong to our small community and as a back up for the other place. I sometimes start a thread about a match, if someone else wants to do so then carry on.

Thank you for replying Griff I appreciate it.
    Yes, it does seem like this is now more of a community messageboard than a Carlisle United one. Nothing wrong with that of course, except maybe that the community is small and by its nature an established online community excludes new joiners.
    New blood is needed and one way to do this is to increase the Carlisle United (and other) debates, rather than have ones about in jokes, so that new people can join in. Also I think that a match thread is a bare minimum for a serious football messageboard.
    As for the original title of this thread, I wish to withdraw that Mullen should be moderator. I think his latest postings about Muslims suggest he is not suitable. Yes he is entitled to his views, but he has not made a good factual argument about why Muslims should not be aloud to have a party and therefore the only reason I can think is that he just doesnt like Muslims (eg discrimiation)
    I do think you should consider getting atleast one more moderator in. Not least because if you fell under a bus (god forbid (or Allah!) then it would be good to have someone else with the keys to the shop. And if that person was enthusiastic they might start some of the things that would bring about more users (eg more postings)

Just to be clear, if there was to be another moderator on this board, it wouldn’t be you.

Quote Originally Posted by dotdotdash View Post
    Thank you for replying Griff I appreciate it.
    Yes, it does seem like this is now more of a community messageboard than a Carlisle United one. Nothing wrong with that of course, except maybe that the community is small and by its nature an established online community excludes new joiners.
    New blood is needed and one way to do this is to increase the Carlisle United (and other) debates, rather than have ones about in jokes, so that new people can join in. Also I think that a match thread is a bare minimum for a serious football messageboard.
    As for the original title of this thread, I wish to withdraw that Mullen should be moderator. I think his latest postings about Muslims suggest he is not suitable. Yes he is entitled to his views, but he has not made a good factual argument about why Muslims should not be aloud to have a party and therefore the only reason I can think is that he just doesnt like Muslims (eg discrimiation)
    I do think you should consider getting atleast one more moderator in. Not least because if you fell under a bus (god forbid (or Allah!) then it would be good to have someone else with the keys to the shop. And if that person was enthusiastic they might start some of the things that would bring about more users (eg more postings)
    No need, you can have me if you like.

I’m sure, like before, we’ll get on swimmingly.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Just to be clear, if there was to be another moderator on this board, it wouldn’t be you.
    You seem to have taken 2 plus 2 and come up with 17.53 there Griff.
    When you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME. Just as you would not work with me, I could not work with someone who does not listen to feedback at least some of the time.
    I will put at ad out and see if any candidates to your liking are keene

my patience

OUCH....on Griffs behalf.

my patience
    Hey uncle Griff, I don't know if you realised it, but that text was 'very thin' sized. 😊

I’ve been on more footy boards than most folk, and certainly more than anyone on t’other board. I reckon at least half are shut down either permanently or to the point where they’ve no footfall any more. The ones that are left have all suffered from declining interest and reduced posting numbers. So thanks for singling this one out. I run it for the likeminded people who are happy to post here and belong to our small community and as a back up for the other place. I sometimes start a thread about a match, if someone else wants to do so then carry on.
    Aye Griff,we've Been on some good and bad
    Footymad boards and over the years Mate . Keep the good work up.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Aye Griff,we've Been on some good and bad Footymad boards over the years mate. Keep the good work up.
    Yeah Alf, and remember when we were on V*ital mad ehh, with a bloke called Chalky. 😬

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)