+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: watcha gonna do...

watcha gonna do...

... this weekend with us not having a game?

Decent weather expected Saturday, up to 25 degrees so I'll do a 50km ride in the morning and I'll be out and about looking for 2 new sofas in the afternoon.

Sunday it's the "Klassieker" - Feijenoord v Ajax at 13:30 CET. One to watch on the box. For those who think Pool/ManU, Wet Spam/Millwall, Leeds or Forest/Derby are tasty affairs between fans.... away fans have been banned from the games since 2009 due to the extent of the "skirmishes". No sign of the ban being lifted. The Dutch Cup Final is, historically, played in Feijenoord's ground. I'm waiting to see what happens the next time the 2 meet in the final... will they relent and go 50/50 or will they play it in an empty stadium? The only 2 other possibilities are PSV's stadium in Eindhoven or that of Vitesse in Arnhem and IMO the mayors of both cities would not allow the match to take place due to the expected levels of violence and damage.. and, yes, they do have that power.

Later Sunday, maybe eat out at one of the local restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... this weekend with us not having a game?

Decent weather expected Saturday, up to 25 degrees so I'll do a 50km ride in the morning and I'll be out and about looking for 2 new sofas in the afternoon.

Sunday it's the "Klassieker" - Feijenoord v Ajax at 13:30 CET. One to watch on the box. For those who think Pool/ManU, Wet Spam/Millwall, Leeds or Forest/Derby are tasty affairs between fans.... away fans have been banned from the games since 2009 due to the extent of the "skirmishes". No sign of the ban being lifted. The Dutch Cup Final is, historically, played in Feijenoord's ground. I'm waiting to see what happens the next time the 2 meet in the final... will they relent and go 50/50 or will they play it in an empty stadium? The only 2 other possibilities are PSV's stadium in Eindhoven or that of Vitesse in Arnhem and IMO the mayors of both cities would not allow the match to take place due to the expected levels of violence and damage.. and, yes, they do have that power.

Later Sunday, maybe eat out at one of the local restaurants.
    Installing a bathroom at my youngest’s ‘new’ house

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Installing a bathroom at my youngest’s ‘new’ house
    Including the best seat in the house

Not much. Watch F1 on catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Including the best seat in the house
    Strangely enough, on the throne as I write this (lid down!) as it’s the only place 4g works in the whole house

VAT return, probably whilst sat on bog too

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)