+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kompany charged with misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Why aren’t they top 6 then chastenor - we can’t argue he doesn’t have the squad now as he does have a very decent squad of players ( a lot of money ).

So if he’s as good as all that why are they lurking around the bottom of the league with us.

We were the right size and right type of club for Dyche at the time - he was good for us and us for him.

Regardless of recruitment in the last two seasons maybe - tactically he never changed anything even when it was obvious it wasn’t working for us. Never used subs - never gave youth a chance.

A decent manager / fella yes but one of the best in the league I don’t think so
    My very last word on this topic army88, I'd rather Dyche was managing Burnley than Kompany. He inherited a disorganised, dysfunctional rabble and a bad business model and he will keep Everton up despite the points deduction.

I do think however, we need to stay solid and now Dyche has gone keep Kompany. Constantly changing managers is a $hite idea to me.

Last season was a breath of fresh air and the footie was scintillating. I was sorry to see Sean go but I'd rather watch VK's style of football. He just got it wrong this season but hopefully will learn and come back stronger, he's certainly a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Last season was a breath of fresh air and the footie was scintillating. I was sorry to see Sean go but I'd rather watch VK's style of football. He just got it wrong this season but hopefully will learn and come back stronger, he's certainly a fighter.
    Why these eclectic minded managers insist on this suicidal playing out from the back when danger is all around seems bonkers to me.

In five minutes last night watching Sky both Borussia Dortmund and Middlesbrough had conceded whilst fannying about.

You never saw Whoosh do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why these eclectic minded managers insist on this suicidal playing out from the back when danger is all around seems bonkers to me.

In five minutes last night watching Sky both Borussia Dortmund and Middlesbrough had conceded whilst fannying about.

You never saw Whoosh do that.
    always try and think away from the masses and their knee jerk reactions, sacking Kompany at this moment in time isn’t the answer.

As for mistakes and style of play nearly every team that comes to the turf has a variation on what we do and they all make the mistakes just less of them ( better players shall we say ).

I’ve e read and listened on here all season about our misgivings and they’re true all of them but I can’t see how it’s any different today than under Dyche.

We have spent money that in reality we wouldn’t have in the last two years of Dyches tenure but not much more all this we’ve blown a 100million and bought rubbish.

Short memories on here imo anyway - very few games at the top level shall we say we were competitive in , I used drive home thinking we barely kicked the ball in 90 mins just defended for our lives and hoped for a set piece to get us something.

I’m not qualified to slate Dyche or Kompany tbh and I can see faults imo for both of them for what it’s worth - different perception but the same one has recruited and tried to play open football and had poor recruitment in some ways as if we’d signed a centre back seasoned and a playmaker we’d have been fine the other went the opposite way and said to the opposition you can have the ball well defend for our lives and hope to score one.

The difference for me is we are still little old Burnley - that terminology I don’t like but it’s true we gambled on youngsters and hoping they’d deliver first time around and they haven’t as yet but the premier league has moved on again again and again and the promoted teams are so far off the pace it’s untrue ( we don’t have a manager with experience at this level ) teams come to us with a single player at our entire squads value ( with good reason mind they’re brilliant some of them) and yet we expected us to walk out match one and rip the premiership a new arse.

If you just take a step back and stop the knee jerk responses you can see what we are trying to do - my other thing is I’ve said many times the players who put on the shirt are exceptionally talented and are amazing footballers to be even on the pitch in the premiership- we all criticise and moan and groan ( that’s football ) but they are trying their best - it might not be good enough but O’Shea for example didn’t cost 90 million pounds like a van dyke.

VK will sort it some will go and new faces will come and we Burnley and VK will be stronger for the experience of that I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    always try and think away from the masses and their knee jerk reactions, sacking Kompany at this moment in time isn’t the answer.

As for mistakes and style of play nearly every team that comes to the turf has a variation on what we do and they all make the mistakes just less of them ( better players shall we say ).

I’ve e read and listened on here all season about our misgivings and they’re true all of them but I can’t see how it’s any different today than under Dyche.

We have spent money that in reality we wouldn’t have in the last two years of Dyches tenure but not much more all this we’ve blown a 100million and bought rubbish.

Short memories on here imo anyway - very few games at the top level shall we say we were competitive in , I used drive home thinking we barely kicked the ball in 90 mins just defended for our lives and hoped for a set piece to get us something.

I’m not qualified to slate Dyche or Kompany tbh and I can see faults imo for both of them for what it’s worth - different perception but the same one has recruited and tried to play open football and had poor recruitment in some ways as if we’d signed a centre back seasoned and a playmaker we’d have been fine the other went the opposite way and said to the opposition you can have the ball well defend for our lives and hope to score one.

The difference for me is we are still little old Burnley - that terminology I don’t like but it’s true we gambled on youngsters and hoping they’d deliver first time around and they haven’t as yet but the premier league has moved on again again and again and the promoted teams are so far off the pace it’s untrue ( we don’t have a manager with experience at this level ) teams come to us with a single player at our entire squads value ( with good reason mind they’re brilliant some of them) and yet we expected us to walk out match one and rip the premiership a new arse.

If you just take a step back and stop the knee jerk responses you can see what we are trying to do - my other thing is I’ve said many times the players who put on the shirt are exceptionally talented and are amazing footballers to be even on the pitch in the premiership- we all criticise and moan and groan ( that’s football ) but they are trying their best - it might not be good enough but O’Shea for example didn’t cost 90 million pounds like a van dyke.

VK will sort it some will go and new faces will come and we Burnley and VK will be stronger for the experience of that I’m sure.
    Good post army.

Vincent has been fined £10,000 and received a two match touchline ban, one match ban suspended until 31 December 2024.
    I don't agree with managers, coaches, owners etc. having a go at officials, however, in this particular case, I would have been questioning what the hell was going on. Let's face it, this was just another episode in a ridiculous season as far as decisions are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Vincent has been fined £10,000 and received a two match touchline ban, one match ban suspended until 31 December 2024.
    I don't agree with managers, coaches, owners etc. having a go at officials, however, in this particular case, I would have been questioning what the hell was going on. Let's face it, this was just another episode in a ridiculous season as far as decisions are concerned.
    This is true Sub, but we have yet to see one referee sanctioned for their ineptitude shown in our games.

I'd love to know what VK said to that useless f*ucker.

Quite possible Vincent told him the truth about his performance as a referee. Referee's don't like to be questioned, they see themselves as being beyond reproach which is probably confirmed by their management.

Do the FA still have assessor's sitting in the stands judging the referees performance ?

That's what he said BT, you're a useless ****er

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)