+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kompany charged with misconduct.

Kompany charged with misconduct.

So, Vincent Kompany has been charged with allegedly using abusive language, insulting or questioning the integrity of the match official.

While I do not condone anyone using abusive language, I can certainly understand any manager losing his temper after the spate of ridiculous mistakes made by those officials this season.

As match referee and assistant referees are suppose to be professionals, why should their decisions not be questioned at the time to the fourth official, who should then have the power to request VAR to take a look at the incident. Unfortunately, there are some team managers who like to whinge at every single aspect so allowing them to make multiple calls to the fourth official which would make the game unplayable.

It looks to me that match referees are now like Caesar’s Wife being beyond reproach, however, incompetent they may be.

I wrote on the Everton preview:

One more in a lengthy line of diabolical refereeing decisions went a long way to denying the Clarets a much-needed win on Tuesday night against the Wolves. A phantom non-existent free-kick was awarded by yet another hapless EPL match official which was punished by the Old Gold grabbing an undeserved first-half equalizer.

It simply should not be that the standard of match officiating and the operational effectiveness of VAR have become the major post-match topics for EPL media scrutiny and analysis.

The usually phlegmatic Burnley boss Vincent Kompany has been charged by the FA for his vitriolic attack on the match officials at Stamford Bridge last weekend. Who can now possibly disregard the former EPL referee Mark Halsey’s acerbic comments when he claimed the EPL match officials are ordered to “look the other way and see what they are told to see” or words to that effect by the PGMOL. I notice he was never sued for his disparaging claims.

Pre-match I now dread to think in which new way the match officials in conjunction with VAR analysis will conspire to rob Burnley of a deserved match outcome. At least a FIFA rated “proper” referee is in charge at Goodison.

Let’s all hope it is the football and not the match officials who are making the headlines at five o’clock on Saturday afternoon.
    Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Steve Martin. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

Nobody listened to him...

Name:  Mark Halsey.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  17.8 KB

The thing for me vintage is the ref is micd up and can hear Var - as an example surely like 18000 others that watched on Tuesday Var saw it was not a free kick and could simply have whispered in his ear ( you’ve got that wrong )
    To me that would be a benefit of Var ( clear and obvious my ar—).

The team have had a lot of stick on here but I kind of think it must be kinda demoralising every week when the officials stiff them and we lose or miss out.

Obviously it just got too much for VK and you can’t really blame him imo anyway

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The thing for me vintage is the ref is micd up and can hear Var - as an example surely like 18000 others that watched on Tuesday Var saw it was not a free kick and could simply have whispered in his ear ( you’ve got that wrong )
    To me that would be a benefit of Var ( clear and obvious my ar—).

The team have had a lot of stick on here but I kind of think it must be kinda demoralising every week when the officials stiff them and we lose or miss out.

Obviously it just got too much for VK and you can’t really blame him imo anyway
    I would agree Army, but I think they are not allowed to interject in general play unless the foul was to result in a red card. As you said Army a quite word would be sensible, but judging by some of their incompetance, sensible may be too much for them to understand.

He's been charged with misconduct? Is that for some of the team selections and subs he hasn't used this season.Hmmmm 🤔

I thought that they reviewed “phases” leading up to a goal to see if there has been an infringement.

To my mind, a foul that results in a free kick that results in a goal should be reviewed, if nothing else, to clamp down on cheating.

It was clear to everyone that the Wolves player “dived”. It should have been a booking for him and a free kick to us. Was the referee incompetent, bribed or what?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He's been charged with misconduct ?. Is that for some of the team selections and subs he hasn't used this season. Hmmmm 🤔
    I say well done to Vinnie Ko!.
    Is that reaction of his, really worthy of a Prem rollocking ehh!!. 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I say well done to Vinnie Ko!.
    Is that reaction of his, really worthy of a Prem rollocking ehh!!. 😟
    TBF Acido,we've been robbed all season..These refs and VAR have it in for us ..Roll on the Championship..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He's been charged with misconduct? Is that for some of the team selections and subs he hasn't used this season.Hmmmm 🤔

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)