Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
Why these eclectic minded managers insist on this suicidal playing out from the back when danger is all around seems bonkers to me.

In five minutes last night watching Sky both Borussia Dortmund and Middlesbrough had conceded whilst fannying about.

You never saw Whoosh do that.
always try and think away from the masses and their knee jerk reactions, sacking Kompany at this moment in time isn’t the answer.

As for mistakes and style of play nearly every team that comes to the turf has a variation on what we do and they all make the mistakes just less of them ( better players shall we say ).

I’ve e read and listened on here all season about our misgivings and they’re true all of them but I can’t see how it’s any different today than under Dyche.

We have spent money that in reality we wouldn’t have in the last two years of Dyches tenure but not much more all this we’ve blown a 100million and bought rubbish.

Short memories on here imo anyway - very few games at the top level shall we say we were competitive in , I used drive home thinking we barely kicked the ball in 90 mins just defended for our lives and hoped for a set piece to get us something.

I’m not qualified to slate Dyche or Kompany tbh and I can see faults imo for both of them for what it’s worth - different perception but the same one has recruited and tried to play open football and had poor recruitment in some ways as if we’d signed a centre back seasoned and a playmaker we’d have been fine the other went the opposite way and said to the opposition you can have the ball well defend for our lives and hope to score one.

The difference for me is we are still little old Burnley - that terminology I don’t like but it’s true we gambled on youngsters and hoping they’d deliver first time around and they haven’t as yet but the premier league has moved on again again and again and the promoted teams are so far off the pace it’s untrue ( we don’t have a manager with experience at this level ) teams come to us with a single player at our entire squads value ( with good reason mind they’re brilliant some of them) and yet we expected us to walk out match one and rip the premiership a new arse.

If you just take a step back and stop the knee jerk responses you can see what we are trying to do - my other thing is I’ve said many times the players who put on the shirt are exceptionally talented and are amazing footballers to be even on the pitch in the premiership- we all criticise and moan and groan ( that’s football ) but they are trying their best - it might not be good enough but O’Shea for example didn’t cost 90 million pounds like a van dyke.

VK will sort it some will go and new faces will come and we Burnley and VK will be stronger for the experience of that I’m sure.