+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's your Albion player of the year

Who's your Albion player of the year

A lot of players have had a good season.
    Most consistent for me is Mowatt.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Bit early soulman.
    I'll let you know when we have kicked the very last ball of the season in a few months time.
    Still plenty of time for players to improve immensely in my view. Big players need to come forward yet and put in big games
    Muhammad Ali once said about doing 1000 sit ups......"990 are ok, it's the last ten that are thhe killer."

A fair call, that, but I think that I would go for Alex Palmer.

Fellows by a street.

His energy has made a tremendous diffence to a very one paced, stolid side.

In terms of consistency, I'd probably agree with you Soulman as even our generally solid players this season such as Palmer, Kipre and Yokuslu have all had their off days or made errors.

As you say, most of our squad have turned in good performances ( hence our league position ) but few have been consistent all through. Many-Fellows, Johnston, Yokuslu, Diangana and (first half of the season) Wallace for example-have had their individual moments whilst the work rate of others such as Asante, Furlong or Mowatt shouldn't go unrecognized either. Tbh, difficult to single anyone out for me but just pleased that Corberan has so evidently fostered a really good team spirit within the squad.

Kipré, Palmer, Fellows, Mowatt are all there, final call will have to wait.

Best isolated performances:

Johnston’s screamers

Yokușlu’s first half vs Ipswich away. Best I have seen from an Albion player for a very long time (in a tough away game vs good opposition). He had all the time in the world at each and every occasion, and he just made everything look easy, and timed every pass and tackle to perfection, with cool elegance. Sadly, Bartley was injured so he had to play CD 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Fellows by a street.

His energy has made a tremendous diffence to a very one paced, stolid side.
    Since his introduction to the first team Fellows has only continued to improve and I'd agree that his urgency and directness of play has certainly had an impact and improved the team. The only reason I didn't feel I could nominate him is because he was on the bench for the first ten games of the season and has only really started to play serious amounts of minutes this side of Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Since his introduction to the first team Fellows has only continued to improve and I'd agree that his urgency and directness of play has certainly had an impact and improved the team. The only reason I didn't feel I could nominate him is because he was on the bench for the first ten games of the season and has only really started to play serious amounts of minutes this side of Christmas.
    Playing all games isn’t a factor for me.

When Sneekes signed for us he scored 10 in 13 games at the back end of the season and was very obviously player of the season for most of us.

Fellows for me as not just about player contribution but from a club’s perspective the most valuable asset now

Furlong for me. All good shouts though. (It’s ok I’ve got my tin hat on &#128521

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)