+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Players Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If I was a player signing for Rotherham that's a clause I would want in my contract. Yoyo protection.
    Grist, it's ok saying that but, where does he go if he wants to leave? Also who would want him in the Championship considering he's been out for so long so unproven this season?

Like I said it all depends if what was passed on to me is actually true.

Sack virtually the lot, inc manager and assistant….the plymouth game was atrocious, even by our pathetic standards of late.
    Players with release clauses? Don’t need to play do they, lest they get injured.

We need to sign players on contracts that suits us and not so they just sign for us..

This is the fundamental thing we get wrong in the ensuing championship failure”s ..

We need to get players of good standard in league one and potentially championship and to take into it into the championship and then add the quality in the first season,the waiting for second season clearly didn’t/doesnt work…

If all contracts aren’t set up right the you get a cycle of mess..

For a club our size you need to get promoted with a fairly young team throughout that's still improving and then what happens you build as one unit together in championship. What we do when we get promoted we go up with veterans that can't cut it anymore in championship or we sign them when we get there, we really need a better strategy if we get promoted again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    For a club our size you need to get promoted with a fairly young team throughout that's still improving and then what happens you build as one unit together in championship. What we do when we get promoted we go up with veterans that can't cut it anymore in championship or we sign them when we get there, we really need a better strategy if we get promoted again in the future.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Josh Kayode too
    Might get a few games this season at Carlisle after recovering from another injury
    Think he was Given a one year deal by us until summer 2024.
    Another deal? Perhaps unlikely
    According to appletiser Kayode has got another year left on his contract..and he is set to be given a fresh start in summer with mccart..

I Don't recall Josh featuring much last time we were in league one, but he hasn't got a lot to beat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I Don't recall Josh featuring much last time we were in league one, but he hasn't got a lot to beat now.
    TLC, you're right pal. He's no one to beat having seen what our current shower of superstars,(polite version),have returned. Wouldn't hurt for LR to have a look at him, if he's not interested then off to Carlisle he goes, as they are still showing great interest in him.

Don’t know but have never been all that impressed with JJ hope he proves me wrong be great to see a youth prospect come good but he’s had a lot of injuries will probably end up being a Jerry Yates and start banging them in when he leaves us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123