+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200+ dead aid workers…..

Interesting posts and views on the subject.

Israelis elected Netanyahu, possibly because of the threat posed by Hamas - unlike Putin who won't listen to anyone, he has after this latest outrage responded but his "this happens in war" with zero empathy for the friends & families of the dead is deplorable. Up until now he has resembled Putin, does things his way and no-one tells him what to do, however he is reliant on support from the West & Putin is not.

Only 1 in 4 British Muslims believes Hamas did what they did on October 7th, if Hamas releases the hostages and surrenders then Israel stops. If Israel were to lay down its arms there would be no Israel and the jews would be wiped out - that's the difference.

The level of civilian deaths in Gaza is truly terrible, how is this horrible situation to be resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Israelis elected Netanyahu, possibly because of the threat posed by Hamas - unlike Putin who won't listen to anyone, he has after this latest outrage responded but his "this happens in war" with zero empathy for the friends & families of the dead is deplorable. Up until now he has resembled Putin, does things his way and no-one tells him what to do, however he is reliant on support from the West & Putin is not.

Only 1 in 4 British Muslims believes Hamas did what they did on October 7th, if Hamas releases the hostages and surrenders then Israel stops. If Israel were to lay down its arms there would be no Israel and the jews would be wiped out - that's the difference.

The level of civilian deaths in Gaza is truly terrible, how is this horrible situation to be resolved?
    1 in 4 is still a shockingly high proportion considering the appalling nature of the slaughter. If 25% of British Muslims think that the atrocity was justified then we have a serious problem in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    1 in 4 is still a shockingly high proportion considering the appalling nature of the slaughter. If 25% of British Muslims think that the atrocity was justified then we have a serious problem in our midst.
    I think you might have misunderstood the point Kets.

I think WCV is alluding to the fact that on 25% of British Muslims believe that Hamas were responsible for the October 7th attack itself.

Conspiracy theorists are touting that Israel are behind the massacre! 🙄

The same way they believe the CIA are responsible for bringing down The Twin Towers.

To be clear only 1 in 4 British Muslims accept what happened on Oct 7th as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    To be clear only 1 in 4 British Muslims accept what happened on Oct 7th as fact.
    If true this is both appalling and extremely concerning as it means that the overwhelming number of Muslims in this country are falling for the propaganda of Islamic conspiracy theorists-despite the fact that Islamic extremists groups themselves (whether Hamas or ISIS) make no bones about their intentions towards Israel and hardly shy away from glorifying the violence shown against their perceived enemies.

I can see some falling for this line but to be honest I find it hard to believe that 3/4 of British Muslims actually buy into such theories -where did you get the figure from though WCV?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    If true this is both appalling and extremely concerning as it means that the overwhelming number of Muslims in this country are falling for the propaganda of Islamic conspiracy theorists-despite the fact that Islamic extremists groups themselves (whether Hamas or ISIS) make no bones about their intentions towards Israel and hardly shy away from glorifying the violence shown against their perceived enemies.

I can see some falling for this line but to be honest I find it hard to believe that 3/4 of British Muslims actually buy into such theories -where did you get the figure from though WCV?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-claims.html
    The survey was commissioned by the Henry Jackson Society, a counter-extremism think-tank, and carried out by polling firm J L Partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-claims.html
    The survey was commissioned by the Henry Jackson Society, a counter-extremism think-tank, and carried out by polling firm J L Partners.
    Thanks Dubs👍

Must admit that the fact the article appears in the Daily Mail doesn't exactly fill me with a great sense of trust however. That said, being published in the Mail doesn't make the report itself necessarily wrong but there are around 3.9 million who identify as Muslim in the UK (ONS figure for 2022) and I cannot see anywhere in this article the number of these that actually took part in the survey. I'm not in anyway saying that the report lied about the views expressed but the percentage figures claimed are next to meaningless if the sample is comparatively too small. When I checked the JLP website, the sample of British Muslims used for this survey was 1000 so you can draw your own conclusions about the validity of this accurately reflecting the views of 3.9 million. I'm not at all saying that the responses are not a concern-just saying to put it in context.

Moreover, if you look up the Henry Jackson Society who commissioned the survey you quickly find descriptions of it as being, at best, neo-conservative, at worst anti-Muslim. One founder member, Mathew Jamison (now working for YouGov) has previously distanced himself from the group, stating that it had "become a far-right, deeply anti-Muslim, racist...propaganda outfit" and claims that for many years it has "relentlessly demonized Muslims and Islam".

Obviously I've not researched them in any depth and looking at their Statement of Principles I cannot say that I disagree with everything they say- and I certainly share the view that Islamic extremism poses a genuine threat to Western Democracy (alongside other authoritarian regimes like Russia and China)- but it's clear that they do have a particular agenda that fits in with the more right-wing views of the Daily Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Thanks Dubs👍

Must admit that the fact the article appears in the Daily Mail doesn't exactly fill me with a great sense of trust however. That said, being published in the Mail doesn't make the report itself necessarily wrong but there are around 3.9 million who identify as Muslim in the UK (ONS figure for 2022) and I cannot see anywhere in this article the number of these that actually took part in the survey. I'm not in anyway saying that the report lied about the views expressed but the percentage figures claimed are next to meaningless if the sample is comparatively too small. When I checked the JLP website, the sample of British Muslims used for this survey was 1000 so you can draw your own conclusions about the validity of this accurately reflecting the views of 3.9 million. I'm not at all saying that the responses are not a concern-just saying to put it in context.

Moreover, if you look up the Henry Jackson Society who commissioned the survey you quickly find descriptions of it as being, at best, neo-conservative, at worst anti-Muslim. One founder member, Mathew Jamison (now working for YouGov) has previously distanced himself from the group, stating that it had "become a far-right, deeply anti-Muslim, racist...propaganda outfit" and claims that for many years it has "relentlessly demonized Muslims and Islam".

Obviously I've not researched them in any depth and looking at their Statement of Principles I cannot say that I disagree with everything they say- and I certainly share the view that Islamic extremism poses a genuine threat to Western Democracy (alongside other authoritarian regimes like Russia and China)- but it's clear that they do have a particular agenda that fits in with the more right-wing views of the Daily Mail.
    It is like all data out there. You take it which ever ways suits the individual's leaning on any subject.
    I remember reading a report years ago about the lack of evidence that smoking greatly contributes to lung cancer. But as the digital age took hold it became easier to look into the stats and the sponsors of the research.
    Turned out to be 70% sponsored by the tobacco industry. However today people are lazy and don't dig for the truth even tho they have so much at their finger tips.
    News/data will always be slanted according to the filters the seeker has on, while accessing the information.
    I know people who still think The moon landing were a hoax. Others that the Earth is flat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)