+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Avaliable managers

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    But this is a football board isn’t it ?
    I don’t see what the issue is if Guru wants to start a thread asking a reasonable question.
    Makes a change from the childish ones.
    Personally I’m warming a little to LR and agree he needs to be judged next season but others aren’t.
    Oh and before you start trawling my previous posts so you can copy and paste I can guarantee I’ve put some stupid stuff and had petty spats. Save you a job seen as that’s your MO.
    Have a good day 👍🏻
    It was in answer to Flour but whatever rocks your boat. If they post this stuff on a public forum are you saying there's no right of reply?

Have a nice day too.

Can't help having a decent memory

Assuming he has learned from past mistakes I would hope Stewart has already lined up a replacement for the inept Richardson. Lose tonight and I would expect a very quick sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Assuming he has learned from past mistakes I would hope Stewart has already lined up a replacement for the inept Richardson. Lose tonight and I would expect a very quick sacking.
    I think you'll be disappointed then.

I think the fact he hasn't been sacked already suggests TS knows that LR is working with one hand tied behind his back. To me, not sacking him is TS taking some responsibility for the situation, It'd be easy to take some pressure off himself by giving LR the bullet but he hasn't and that suggests to me he knows LR inherited a complete sh*tshow in the same way Warne did when he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Keeping the ex Barnsley Managers theme going from Gru, Michael Duff was once touted but appears to be still unemployed
    Lee Johnson is available as well. Both got sacked in December.

There are loads of unemployed managers though, there's only so many positions available.

Hey Gru
    Warney might be available if Derby go up 😉

The current Barrow Manager Pete Wild has caught my eye for a few seasons now.
    Turned FC Halifax Town from relegation candidates to a playoff team in the NL in a short space of time, then did exactly the same with Barrow in a division higher.
    Might go one better this season

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The current Barrow Manager Pete Wild has caught my eye for a few seasons now.
    Turned FC Halifax Town from relegation candidates to a playoff team in the NL in a short space of time, then did exactly the same with Barrow in a division higher.
    Might go one better this season
    That’s good call ,I too have been watching him for a while and seems to work best under limited resources.infact if you go two clubs back he did a good job in two little spells at oldham,steadied the ship of a struggling and poorly run club.although an hypothetical choice as of now as LR will be here a while I reckon.

I think we need a manager with championship experience, we were lucky with Paul Warne, a one off who gave us promotions.
    After Taylor got the sack, the club should have had a caretaker manager, using experienced players, such as Peltier.
    Then appointed a experienced championship manager at the end of the season into the summer break.
    The signing of Richardson should have been a short term end of season role, at least he would have had a wage, then Tony Stewart does not have pay him up.

I just don't see the point in talking about available mangers.L.R. will be given the chance to show what he is made of when he has his own players playing for him. I really don't believe the best manager on the planet could have turned this season around when L.R. came in.

Ok there has been some awful performances,but look at the quality he has had available,the ongoing problem with the training facilities,injuries and players not giving there best imo..I think L.R. looks a strong character and has belief in his own ability(regularly quotes his past achievements).Let's judge him when he gets rid of the old and sick notes.I expect him to get the age of the squad down,add pace to the team and creativity but his lack of a decent striker might be his undoing unless he can move two at least on of Hugill.Eaves and Kayode.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    That’s good call ,I too have been watching him for a while and seems to work best under limited resources.infact if you go two clubs back he did a good job in two little spells at oldham,steadied the ship of a struggling and poorly run club.although an hypothetical choice as of now as LR will be here a while I reckon.
    Yes hypothetical atm
    Only 39 and has rebuilt two clubs who were in troubled waters
    Getting the best out of a striker in Cole Stockton who has lost his way in recent seasons but doing well up there now
    One for our radar if required

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast