+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Charlton Athletic v Barnsley

Anyone think we might not make the play offs ?

Question, if Cole is as crap as many fans think, where that leave Cosgrove?
    It’s no good saying he puts a shift in if he can’t do sod all when he gets the ball.

Very poor everything we did in this game lacked just about everything.
    Should have done our promenade walk this was an absolute shocking watch.
    Based on this we will be fortunate to make the playoff stages and if we don’t it may well be a good thing.
    We are devoid of any momentum or even game style at the moment. I couldn’t even sum up what our style is except awful.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 06-04-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Question, if Cole is as crap as many fans think, where that leave Cosgrove?
    It’s no good saying he puts a shift in if he can’t do sod all when he gets the ball.
    Cosgrove could be an iconic player in the years to come in the same way Willie Ferry and Dave Regis became .

The frightening thing is Birmingham paid £2m for him .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Cosgrove could be an iconic player in the years to come in the same way Willie Ferry and Dave Regis became .

The frightening thing is Birmingham paid £2m for him .
    I’m the type who would love to be proved wrong, I’ll eat all the humble pie you can throw at me but but I don’t see one positive in this lad, he doesn’t even punch his weight apart from the odd wayward tackle, he can’t shoot or pass so come on lad prove me wrong, I’ll leave a plate out ready for that pie.

It's almost laughable that a squad as poor as this could still actually get promoted to the championship .

I actually thought first half we weren’t too bad. Cole missed a sitter, he should’ve had a penalty and McAtee missed a big chance too.

Defensively though we are so poor. Any bit of pressure and it cracks. We stand off, give them space, don’t win headers.

I was expecting goals in that second, from both us and Charlton but it never came.

Looking like 5th will be the best we can get this season. Still think we will finish in the playoffs.

Our away form has kept us up there all season and now that looks like it may be slipping after today? We have some tricky games coming up starting with Stevenage on Tuesday, followed by an away banker for Reading before we travel to Portsmouth! After these 3 games we could well be out of the play off places?
    It may well be a blessing in disguise because there is no way we will win the play off’s, I certainly won’t be wasting money on them or going to Wembley if they make it that far!
    As for today did anyone notice that Williams crossing always hit the first defender? For some reason he’s started to threaten to cross when in space but then takes another touch, it’s like a stutter……trouble is this habit he’s got into allows the nearest player to close him down, he must have done this 4 or 5 times today and he’s been doing it for a few games now it’s so annoying!
    We should have had 2 more penalties today as well, but it doesn’t take away that our defence is sh1te, they allowed May to dictate that game today, he caused us all sorts of problems, McCart can go back down the road for me he hasn’t been good enough since he arrived, we brought in Pines because of our defensive issues, but we are back to square one with him being injured, Cundy is fit again and has been playing for the U21’s why is he not even making the bench? A half fit Cundy is better than the shower of sh1te we have at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Who was the defender ducking out of May's shot that put Charlton 2-1 up ?

Spineless .
    Mcart. Didnt jump, leaned sideways… pathetic.

Well, sad to say am glad I did not stay up to watch the game.

Worrying times, would love us to get into the play offs but IF we got promoted with the current squad and manager we would struggle to get to 30 points as we did a couple of seasons ago with a better squad.

Could well be doing a Charlton and too many seasons in League 1 coming up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast