+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Charlton Athletic v Barnsley

Didn't see the game but I still think we'll make the play offs. However, didn't someone say that we lost money when we made the playoffs last season? Since we're unlikely to win the playoffs and could not survive a season in division 2, it leaves me with little interest whether we make the playoffs or not.

Interesting at Luton yesterday. Goals scored by Clark and Morris with assists from Berry and Woodrow respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Anyone think we might not make the play offs ?
    I mentioned this a week or so back.

I'm still keeping my eye on Oxford's and Lincoln's results.

Now only a few points behind us to claim 5th and 6th spots.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

This isn't the time of the season to be having your worst run of form and falling short is most definitely in play .

I don't think many of us would be that surprised if we didn't make it to be honest .

I think many of us also think it wouldn't be the end of the world either .

It all seems kind of pointless to me , just my opinion .

The killing fields that is championship football isn't something I'm in a hurry to see again after the last time .

I just don't know anymore SB , I really don't know what it is that's supposed to keep me interested now .

It's just become too much like hard work for me personally and I've really got back in to watching Trinity , I'm off to Doncaster this afternoon .

I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't care anymore but I'm definitely struggling with the club .

Like a marriage that's on it's ass until something either reconciles it or you move on .

I'm probably at that point .

79 points would would seal a place in the playoff stages and
    with Oxford and Lincoln playing each other they both can’t get the required points.
    I’m clutching at straws to maintain interest.

This isn't the time of the season to be having your worst run of form and falling short is most definitely in play .

I don't think many of us would be that surprised if we didn't make it to be honest .

The killing fields that is championship football isn't something I'm in a hurry to see again after the last time .

I just don't know anymore SB , I really don't know what it is that's supposed to keep me interested now .

It's just become too much like hard work for me personally and I've really got back in to watching Trinity , I'm off to Doncaster this afternoon .

I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't care anymore but I'm definitely struggling with the club .

Like a marriage that's on it's ass until something either reconciles it or you move on .

It may be my age but I have declined from being a passionate unbroken Season Ticket holder from !971 to 2020 ( 49 years) and a fan from 1959 ( 65 years) to now only attending the occasional away game such as Fleetwood and Wembley. I have put in the time, a long way from being a glory fan.

My interest declined with the emergence of the New York Investor Group's representative Conway, the appointment of a football cheat in Austrian football, Ismael, and lack of trust in club communication and actions eg West Stand closure.

I still wish for the club to succeed but now it is a passing interest, not a passion.

Pretty much same for me Animal.

When I have some time away from work I will post my personal feelings / opinions.

It may be my age but I have declined from being a passionate unbroken Season Ticket holder from !971 to 2020 ( 49 years) and a fan from 1959 ( 65 years) to now only attending the occasional away game such as Fleetwood and Wembley. I have put in the time, a long way from being a glory fan.

My interest declined with the emergence of the New York Investor Group's representative Conway, the appointment of a football cheat in Austrian football, Ismael, and lack of trust in club communication and actions eg West Stand closure.

I still wish for the club to succeed but now it is a passing interest, not a passion.
    Totally see where you are coming from SB.

Was 1965 my first Oakwell game.

I want us to succeed but even with the new ownership structure and a little more stability we are still in a slow decline.

Wakefield Trinity is a classic situation of decline into new hope and aspiration for fans old and new, and as I have said before with a Barnsley born owner at the helm, and not just because of money but what he is doing in day to day involvement with players, fans and the local community. The club and City is alive again big time.

Sorry to say Neerav Parekh and his foreign colleagues and the 2 Crynes are all soul less individuals who are so distant from the club and town that it makes me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Totally see where you are coming from SB.

Was 1965 my first Oakwell game.

I want us to succeed but even with the new ownership structure and a little more stability we are still in a slow decline.

Wakefield Trinity is a classic situation of decline into new hope and aspiration for fans old and new, and as I have said before with a Barnsley born owner at the helm, and not just because of money but what he is doing in day to day involvement with players, fans and the local community. The club and City is alive again big time.

Sorry to say Neerav Parekh and his foreign colleagues and the 2 Crynes are all soul less individuals who are so distant from the club and town that it makes me so sad.
    The difference between Matt Ellis at Trinity and the owners we have here and including those who were kicked out is that Matt Ellis doesn't think he knows more about Rugby League than anyone else .

He's smart enough to hire people who do , whether that be HC Daryl Powell and his coaching staff to the scout in Australia and New Zealand who was hired to bring young talent to the club and has already delivered young players who will become a real force over the next few years .

He's developing the ground with his money but has the presence of mind to ask the fans what they'd like to see get done , what facilities they want and how they want to see the match day experience emerge .

The players engage with the fans because they want to not because they are told to , it's not uncommon to see the players posing for photographs and signing autographs 20 minutes after the game has ended .

The attraction isn't so much to do with playing success , we all want that of course we do but it's way more than that , I feel as though I'm important to Matt Ellis and I'm not just someone to charm at ST renewal time , my opinion is sought and will be acted upon .

The difference in culture is extraordinary because I'm valued and if we become very successful then that's a bonus .

There was an incident earlier in the season that made me extremely angry and more or less told me something that I already knew but none the less it was confirmation .

It actually involved our friend YN and the forum he attended I watched on YouTube , I knew it was YN speaking straightaway because of the question he put that night .

Now YN is someone who quite a few of find his views a bit fantasy , let's say that and very rarely agree with him but what can't be disputed is that he loves the club and wants it to succeed .

When he asked his question Parekh and Ahmed could hardly be bothered to listen and when they did finally acknowledge his existence they looked down on him like some 19th century mill owner walking amongst his weavers .

The lack of respect shown to him was extraordinary , it wouldn't have been so bad but the fact was YN was their biggest fan who'd defend them no matter what .

It was as if they knew everything and YN's question was beneath them , except even YN knows more about football than they ever will as unlikely as that may seem going on his posts on here .

The arrogance of these people really showed itself that night and it more or less confirmed the suspicions I had .

They haven't a clue about anything when it comes to this club and what's more their egos won't allow them to seek out people who do .

Just watched the 2 minutes highlights.

That defensive wall for their first goal would get a b0ll0cking from a Sunday League pub team coach.

A carn't speyk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast