+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Statement from Board

I found the statement to be a bit cringeworthy. A bit like poch saying that some of the data shows Chelsea should be in the top 4. The only dara that matters is won/lost/draw/goals for/goals against……and points. On most of those county are nowhere near where they should be with the squad they have got

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Also the league table shown we were 25 points ahead of 3rd place.

Fcuk the rest of the play off teams WE DESERVED to go up with Wrexham its that simple.
    Bit of a silly statement. The rules don’t say that the second placed team deserves to go up so they will. I didn’t think Notts were a patch on Chesterfield until the penalties.

A once in a life timer from Bostock and a lucky goal for Ruben got us to penalties, but Chesterfield were in control for most of the game.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 07-04-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Bit of a silly statement. The rules don’t say that the second placed team deserves to go up so they will. I didn’t think Notts were a patch on Chesterfield until the penalties.

A once in a life timer from Bostock and a lucky goal for Ruben got us to penalties, but Chesterfield were in control for most of the game.
    So you didn't think Notts deserved to go up? A team that showed consistancy throughout, finished on 107 points and 23 points ahead of Chesterfield, had higher possession and shots. Bostocks goal was down to Tom Weal and Rubens was lucky. However a stupid rush to the head from Slocombe and a worldy from Dobra for Chesterfield made it hard. Even our penalties were planned out and changing the keeper.

We deserved to go up that day

Rubbish.
    LOOK at the match stats, we had more shots on target, more off, more of everything.

The bros have spoken 🙌 he'll be given time which is right now we're seeing the green shoots of progress under Maynard.
    Some really sulking posts on here, if we lose we're crap, if we win we're lucky, OK.

No it isnt we were better by far than them over the season and also id suggest watching that final again.

We were the better side on the day and deserved to go up.

We fought like the Boreham game right to the end and shown mental strength as well as being able to play.

Nobody can seriously say they were better than us over season or on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    So you didn't think Notts deserved to go up? A team that showed consistancy throughout, finished on 107 points and 23 points ahead of Chesterfield, had higher possession and shots. Bostocks goal was down to Tom Weal and Rubens was lucky. However a stupid rush to the head from Slocombe and a worldy from Dobra for Chesterfield made it hard. Even our penalties were planned out and changing the keeper.

We had the luck that gave us what we deserved v Cheaterfield, and also against Boring Wood. Even Scotts penalty was, as is any penalty right down the middle, somewhat lucky. Both results could easily have gone against us and denied us what clearly over the season we (think we) deserved.

Our frailties showed in both matches and were only overcome by brilliance the other end. However if one wants to look at defensive stupidity then check out the highlights of Everton v Burnley yesterday; it's only a couple of minutes and well worth a look/laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Rubbish.
    LOOK at the match stats, we had more shots on target, more off, more of everything.
    The stats? The stats this season for many of Notts' games show how well we have played, but the results show a different thing. I, like you watched the Play Off final, and in my opinion, Chesterfield were the better team.

I though they were in control of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

What I said is that there was no divine right for Notts to get promoted. They didn't do well enough (according to the rules) during the regular season to get promoted automatically, they squeezed through against Borehamwood and, in my opinion, for 90 minutes plus extra time against Chesterfield, I thought Chesterfield were the better team.

Yes, Notts were better on the day at taking and having a goalkeeper was who better at saving, penalties.

Don't let sentiment blind you to what I said.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 08-04-2024 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    No it isnt we were better by far than them over the season and also id suggest watching that final again.

We were the better side on the day and deserved to go up.

We fought like the Boreham game right to the end and shown mental strength as well as being able to play.

Nobody can seriously say they were better than us over season or on the day.
    Are some people on here 'text' blind. I NEVER said that Chesterfield were better than us over the season - show me where I said that. FFS!

For the final time, in my opinion, on the day, at Wembley, for 90 minutes, plus the extra time, I thought Chesterfield were the better team.

I'm not interested in BBC stats, I'm not interested in how those at the game saw it, I'm not interested in sentiment. I've watched the full game about four or five times and I'm not a ball watcher. I look for other stuff when watching football and I felt Chesterfield were better.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 08-04-2024 at 01:33 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast