+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement from Board

The statement was what I expected yes as Notts supporters and all supporters of other teams want to be successful now not tomorrow. But our owner are not on an ego trip promising us the world but are building strong foundations at Notts so in future Notts can progress up the leagues. They keep their word and stated when S M was made manager they said if Notts did not finish in the top 7 He wouldn't be judged on results alone which what they have done. They ask all supporters to be patient and make a judgement on the new defenders they hope to sign, I have supported Notts through thick and thin could have been the end of Notts before they took over and we are in a much better place now just give them more time. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    The defence has been absolute crap all season, virtually every game there's been some farcical mistakes, usually more than once, are they seriously saying we've been unlucky. I don't hate Maynard like some fans clearly do and I've said before I actually feel quite sorry for the bloke but if he's staying beyond the end of this season then we need to see a few wins and we need to see that he can coach players to be better like LW did.
    I don't think anyone can coach away the mistakes made by by some of our defenders this season. The fact is that most of them are just not good enough. The January transfer window was an opportunity missed and ought to have been acknowledged.

Load of *******s. Board have ****ed up. It isn't analysis of stats that counts it's league position. Big mistakes have been made. Put out more flags.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Sounds ok to me - sensible comments that unfortunately won’t satisfy everyone.
    No, it's sod you, we know what we're doing. Which I am not convinced at all at the moment.

Not a very inspiring statement was it? whilst I'm glad they are taking a calm & measured approach I do think that they should acknowledge that mistakes have been made in recruitment this season & given reassurances that these would be learned from & acted upon. To even suggest that the many goals we've conceded isn't down to a crap defence & lack of a commanding keeper & that LW was just luckier than Maynard is ridiculous imo & although metrics may have a part to play in todays game I would rather believe my own eyes. Obviously I will stay fully behind the team & manager but as I say not very inspiring. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Not a very inspiring statement was it? whilst I'm glad they are taking a calm & measured approach I do think that they should acknowledge that mistakes have been made in recruitment this season & given reassurances that these would be learned from & acted upon. To even suggest that the many goals we've conceded isn't down to a crap defence & lack of a commanding keeper & that LW was just luckier than Maynard is ridiculous imo & although metrics may have a part to play in todays game I would rather believe my own eyes. Obviously I will stay fully behind the team & manager but as I say not very inspiring. COYP
    This
    Reads like it was written by Joe Palmer to defend his decisions

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ntment-210723/

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    This
    Reads like it was written by Joe Palmer to defend his decisions

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ntment-210723/
    This should really be in the good news thread ,such great leadership showing that stability will bring success,it may take time but its admirable

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t! I’ve read and heard so much these last few weeks….’why don’t the brothers say something, anything’……’The silence is deafening’….etc etc.

The statement is fine, quite interesting actually. They’ve admitted results and performances haven’t been acceptable and they won’t allow it go on indefinitely, a subtle message to SM and the fans that they understand what is going on.

They gave an insight into how they perceive result as well. A few days ago I made the comparison with how Brentford hired and fired their managers, with their owners sacking mark warburton despite making the playoffs, citing the results he achieved, according to their stats, were lucky. They received condemnation throughout the press…..no one mentions it anymore, they were right. Our owners have basically made the reverse of that statement.

They’ve said recruitment is well on the way for next season and have backed SM to have a go with a squad that is better equipped for L2 next season. Honestly, some of the comments on here have me re-reading them twice to make sure that is actually what they said.

I get it, as Notts fans at the first sign of trouble we worry, panic that we’re going to fall into admin, get relegated, get points deducted….whatever…but we have to realise we’re not that club anymore. We have good, intelligent and forward thinking owners and they have something called a strategy that will not only keep us away from those pitfalls but also keep us moving forward, albeit a bit slower than some people want to accept.

If, as the owners allude, the results have been down to luck, I don't remember them telling us how 'lucky' we had been in January and that it was imperative we addressed the evident defensive issues. No, at that time despite the total defensive ****show week after week, they only brought in Warner who has proven to be somewhat fragile, admittedly a little less fragile than Brindley.
    Just as the defensive issues were evident the lack of physicality was also apparent. this was partially addressed by the arrival of Robertson who has made his mark, not by goals or assists but by winning 50/50 challenges and being strong enough to not be bullied off the ball.
    We need more in the Robertson mould, certainly in the defensive areas. Then luck doesn't come into it.

Quite surprised that our owners have put out a statement, but ok that they have and what they have said.If you take out the lucky & good luck analogies it seems a pretty fair assesment of where NCFC is at.

For years we have been wanting NCFC to be run in a proper manner by people that know what they are doing, we now have it laid bare, the reality of a 2nd division club with owners that will not let it go bust. It's a steady onward pursuit of climbing the higher divisions whilst keeping a tight reign on the money, nothing at all wrong with that.

As a throwback line from many years ago "these brothers are not for turning" you might say.

I cannot read through any of the lines anywhere that says ambition and promotion are not wanted or desired by the owners, quite the opposite but in a calculated manner.
    Just another take on it when some people are upset about it.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast