+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle Post Match Thoughts

If LR is sacked now who will we get in as our guaranteed saviour.
    Obviously this person will get all the players in that we need and will presumably get them to get us promotion and will keep us up in the championship.
    I don't understand why TS,RS,LR ,RK etc haven't thought to do this.
    I am assuming that he or she will be able to do all this on our budget and comply with FFP rules.

Sprotmiller, have to admire your pc approach saying 'she' but I don't think Sarina Wiegman will be signing soon pal.

You have to be these days Brin.
    Still no names suggested for this guaranteed saviour yet, despite it apparently being guaranteed that LR et al are definitely going to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sprotmiller, have to admire your pc approach saying 'she' but I don't think Sarina Wiegman will be signing soon pal.
    Would have Weigman over LR- nit going to happen- but I would.

She is tactically astute- has far more knowledge than Richardson- who just talks about habit, levels and healthy challenges. She is very open with the press, not like the uptight defensive Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Would have Weigman over LR- nit going to happen- but I would.

She is tactically astute- has far more knowledge than Richardson- who just talks about habit, levels and healthy challenges. She is very open with the press, not like the uptight defensive Richardson.
    I'm sure I heard her say 'building' once though!

LR is very uptight,I agree. He looks like he is constantly chewing a wasp and is about to flip his lid at any moment. MT was far more open and detailed in his answers and everyone accused him of been dour and serious. That's the bit I don't get.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 07-04-2024 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I'm sure I heard her say 'building' once though!

LR is very uptight,I agree. He looks like he is constantly chewing a wasp and is about to flip his lid at any moment. MT was far more open and detailed in his answers and everyone accused him of been dour and serious. That's the bit I don't get.
    It’s a personality thing pure and simple.

PW had his haters no matter what he did.
    MT the same.

SE was incredibly successful but some just didn’t like him.
    Not about performances or style of play just personality’s that some just don’t/didn’t like.

LR just doesn’t have one that’s appealing to a lot of the supporters.

IBS
    How can you substantiate or even qualfy the statement "has far more knowledge than Richardson "(sic).

Perhaps we should have made Eaves Director of Football, with his agent second in command.
    Thinking about it they set up a good deal for Eaves, after all he must know something about football, even though he can't play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotmiller View Post
    If LR is sacked now who will we get in as our guaranteed saviour.
    Obviously this person will get all the players in that we need and will presumably get them to get us promotion and will keep us up in the championship.
    I don't understand why TS,RS,LR ,RK etc haven't thought to do this.
    I am assuming that he or she will be able to do all this on our budget and comply with FFP rules.
    Leaving aside the heavy sarcasm 🙂 you should really be putting your question to TS as he repeatedly tells us about the high quality of applicants whenever we have a vacancy but consistently fails to appoint one.
    Makes you wonder why don't it? 😉

Mellow
    I believe it will always come down to finances,how much we can afford to pay and indeed how much we want to pay.
    Being respectful to applicants is a given in any candidacy interview process whatever walk of life or business.
    In football these standard public statements may be put out so as not to hack off any candidates from applying again, because we all know a manager will move on if successful or be sacked if he fails. You never burn your bridges.
    I was merely asking who this guaranteed wonder manager is.
    Whilst I ask TS as you suggest why do we never employ the best and highest quality manager from the candidates I was going to give him the name of the wonder manager so he can get him in.
    Not been given his name yet though.😆

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast