+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle Post Match Thoughts

Richardson Kelly TS look at the empty seats. Need a management team fans, players believe in.

Worst game of the season at the NYS for me, the Millers were a team just turning up
    for a pay day, no effort, the shooting from our forwards was dire, couldn't get a shot
    on target.
    It took a fullback in Revan to have a shot on target.
    I clapped the Plymouth goal, thought it was a good move, we deserved to lose, the
    players were not up for it, & went down without a whimper.
    Some fans at the back in the North stand booed the team off at halftime, I came out
    of the ground with a few minutes to go, so don't know if the team was booed off at
    full time, went back in the Angel pub for a couple of pints.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 06-04-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Take a bow Matt Taylor; you're work at RUFC has finally delivered it's inevitable result. You dismantled a formula that kept our club relatively successful when the odds were stacked massively against us. You've left us with a club devoid of soul, pride and belonging and which is a shadow of what you inherited. I pity the poor sod whose charged with knocking this shambles of a club into something approaching average. Well done MT - good work!!
    Completely agree Glenn.
    The problem now is where do we go from here?
    TS has said that Richardson is the man to lead us next season but it seems an awful lot of people would beg to differ.
    It's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Worst game of the season at the NYS for me, the Millers were a team just turning up
    for a pay day, no effort, the shooting from our forwards was dire, couldn't get a shot
    on target.
    I clapped the Plymouth goal, thought it was a good move, we deserved to lose, the
    Some fans at the back in the North stand booed the team off at halftime, I came out
    of the ground with a few minutes to go, so don't know if the team was booed off at
    Quite loud boos at the final whistle but I didn't hang around to see what happened after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    on target.
    "Just turning up for a payday"

That's been the summary for the major part of the season for the majority of the squad

Disgusted with them as players, they have to be shown the road

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Completely agree Glenn.
    The problem now is where do we go from here?
    TS has said that Richardson is the man to lead us next season but it seems an awful lot of people would beg to differ.
    It's a mess.
    Some, and perhaps most, of the ‘triers’ are likely to leave for differing reasons.
    Vicktor, Villa will want Revan back in the cship, Haks and Basil could be sold, Clucas finds another club etc etc
    So we could still be left with quite a few of the non triers who are still under contract and no other club wants

So even if he signs his own players LR will still have to manage some problematic, can’t be bothered type players and whilst admittedly that is not an easy task he’s not shown that he’s got an aptitude for it.
    It is indeed a mess and I’m not sure this summer will solve our problems by any means.

Ok,the match....yet another bloody awful game, one shot on target from the only player with an attacking bone in his body,well done young Seb.
    Poor Viktor, this man deserves a knighthood, George Cross,Blue Peter badge, and Wonka golden ticket.
    Ollie and Haks tried....er,that's about it.
    Charlie Wyke is hopeless, Nombe little better, and just because Eaves has a chant,doesn't make him any good.
    There seems to have been a lack of fight ever since Richardson took over,which is unacceptable, we weren't even that far behind when he came in,but we certainly are now.
    I honestly think he's been that bad that he has done himself out of the job,and I thought he would be manager next season no matter what.
    Whatever happens, we won't be promoted again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I think we have to knock on someone's door upstairs, maybe more than one, for the answer to this shambles of a season, which was obvious after a few weeks......
    The man upstairs broke our transfer record twice this season he's done his part, poor recruitment I'm afraid been let down massively.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    The man upstairs broke our transfer record twice this season he's done his part, poor recruitment I'm afraid been let down massively.
    It was the money from selling Wiles and Barlaser that funded that but I do agree it was awful recruiting but "affordable" because we refuse to pay the going rate.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It was the money from selling Wiles and Barlaser that funded that but I do agree it was awful recruiting but "affordable" because we refuse to pay the going rate.
    Millerbill, what fee did we get for Barlaser?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast