+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotmiller View Post
    IBS
    How can you substantiate or even qualfy the statement "has far more knowledge than Richardson "(sic).
    Listen to her post match interview after the Sweden game.

Light years ahead of Richardson

In fact Richardson probably doesn't even understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Listen to her post match interview after the Sweden game.

Light years ahead of Richardson

In fact Richardson probably doesn't even understand it.
    Doris the tea lady is miles ahead of Richardson when it comes to rufc knowledge

Mellow
    I believe it will always come down to finances,how much we can afford to pay and indeed how much we want to pay.
    Being respectful to applicants is a given in any candidacy interview process whatever walk of life or business.
    In football these standard public statements may be put out so as not to hack off any candidates from applying again, because we all know a manager will move on if successful or be sacked if he fails. You never burn your bridges.
    I was merely asking who this guaranteed wonder manager is.
    Whilst I ask TS as you suggest why do we never employ the best and highest quality manager from the candidates I was going to give him the name of the wonder manager so he can get him in.
    Not been given his name yet though.😆
    I'm not sure that Harry Potter or Merlin the Magician would be able to sort out the current shambles but it's all immaterial anyway because TS has said that Richardson is the man to lead us into next season so all those who want him sacked right now are going to be very disappointed.

And a hell of a lot won't be there next season if Richardson is still "in the building" and that includes 4 season ticket holders (of 30 years standing) sat close to me.

Agreed Mellow.Let LR have his chance.
    IBS - again a completely subjective one eyed statement without any evidence of fact behind it. Why wouldn't he have the mental capacity to understand an interview. What evidence do you have to support this statement?
    LR is in post at the moment so I will get behind him and support the team.He has come into the club at a bad time in terms of the team he has at his disposal,the position we are in especially in a division we have struggled to stay in anyway and with no chance as yet to mould the squad he would like.
    He might fail he might not.
    He will not be the first and he won't be the last.
    Too much hysteria and irrational comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    And a hell of a lot won't be there next season if Richardson is still "in the building" and that includes 4 season ticket holders (of 30 years standing) sat close to me.
    Actually a few in the area near to me have said something similar and the worrying thing is they are all probably under 40. I guess time will tell whether they actually stick to their guns and don't renew or whether they have a change of heart as the new season draws nearer.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if season ticket sales are down by something like 2000 though.

Agreed Mellow.Let LR have his chance.
    IBS - again a completely subjective one eyed statement without any evidence of fact behind it. Why wouldn't he have the mental capacity to understand an interview. What evidence do you have to support this statement?
    LR is in post at the moment so I will get behind him and support the team.He has come into the club at a bad time in terms of the team he has at his disposal,the position we are in especially in a division we have struggled to stay in anyway and with no chance as yet to mould the squad he would like.
    He might fail he might not.
    He will not be the first and he won't be the last.
    Too much hysteria and irrational comment.
    I know you like facts. How many games has he won?

Also tell me one way he has improved us as a team?

I don't think much has improved.
    However it's the team that Mat Taylor made.
    A team that is made up of aged players who will either retire because of father time, others because injury has beaten them.Some players are on one year deals and will have been possibly planning to leave and don't want to stay longer than the one year. Others like Victor will move onto bigger and better things. So the resources he has had at his disposal have not been conducive to establishing a long term culture and philosophy. A problem when you look and plan only in the short term. He has not had a transfer window for him to start to impose his philosophy allied to players for the reasons above looking at futures elsewhere.
    I don't see given this set of circumstances and timing what more he could have done.
    I think we have gone from 6 years or so with Warnes hard work,fitness reliant, philosophy to Taylors more refined passing game in a matter of months.To afford this different style of player we are in bargain basement older end player, injury prone players and unfortunately it has not paid off.
    Now we are left in a half way house of the 2 styles which cannot work in terms of results in the championship.
    Not in my opinion LR's fault.
    He has inherited a failing team and philosphy.
    All my opinion.
    Am I happy?
    Definitely not but I don't blame LR either.
    Hopefully a reasoned answer IBS
    with some basis of a rationale behind my view.

A team that is made up of aged players who will either retire because of father time, others because injury has beaten them.Some players are on one year deals and will have been possibly planning to leave and don't want to stay longer than the one year. Others like Victor will move onto bigger and better things. So the resources he has had at his disposal have not been conducive to establishing a long term culture and philosophy. A problem when you look and plan only in the short term. He has not had a transfer window for him to start to impose his philosophy allied to players for the reasons above looking at futures elsewhere.
    I don't see given this set of circumstances and timing what more he could have done.
    I think we have gone from 6 years or so with Warnes hard work,fitness reliant, philosophy to Taylors more refined passing game in a matter of months.To afford this different style of player we are in bargain basement older end player, injury prone players and unfortunately it has not paid off.
    Now we are left in a half way house of the 2 styles which cannot work in terms of results in the championship.
    All my opinion.
    Am I happy?
    Waffle- please answer the question

All my opinion.
    Am I happy?
    That summary seems far too sensible for this message board.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast