+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Relegation whose to blame

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    So you think 1 million pound signings is enough to compete in the championship.

You are a ex lawyer if you went up against a 100k a day barrister and lost.

Would it be your fault ??
    I think you may have misunderstood my point.

I don't think that a team can be competitive for any length of time in the Championship on a single 1 million pound player. My point is that we didn't have a team under Taylor- we had a collection of players cobbled together.

With three years of qualification under my belt I found myself up against a QC (as was back then) who just happened to be the head of circuit (i.e. the most senior barrister in the region). I like to think I won the argument.

.I still believe the new rules have gone against us big time.
    Extra 5 subs have really benefited the bigger teams. Referees not being fair about the new rules.
    I truly believe MT had us playing some great football, (Certainly at the start of the season)

On paper and from what other clubs fans said, we actually had a good enough squad to finish top half at the start of this season.

I believe the failure is a combination of lots small of factors.
    Not down to one person or persons.

Far too much to reply to and everyone has touched on just about everything that went wrong this season.

Dare I say hail the return of Evo?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Far too much to reply to and everyone has touched on just about everything that went wrong this season.

Allegedly said, when told he might be offered the job "I'd walk to Rotherham barefoot to tell TS to fu^& off"

We couldn't even compete with Peterborough for Collins before season started so that told you type of season we were going to have. Would have needed shrouder recruitment than we seemed capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We couldn't even compete with Peterborough for Collins before season started so that told you type of season we were going to have. Would have needed shrouder recruitment than we seemed capable of.
    A good point Gru.I don't think we had signed anyone when we returned for pre season training other than those currently in situ...ie Morrison,Peltier and Hall. Many on here,me included,were stating on here that something is seriously going wrong in the recruitment department.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

What are the sources of these Evo rumours?

Tony Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Tony Stewart by giving the manages peanuts to spend than sacks them so they take the blame.
    What we need is the championship to become more equal and in today's world there are two significant kinds of attaining equality .

The one you are proposing is what's known as equal outcomes , meaning that if you spend the same kind of money as Preston North End and rely on owners putting in millions of pounds every year then that somehow makes Rotherham United equal to Preston North End , except that Equal Outcomes is a flawed ideology seen as both club's end up existing way over the turnover they accumulate .

What needs to happen in the championship is equal opportunity , by winning promotion to the championship from League One you have a realistic chance of survival without accumulating millions of pounds worth of debt .

That to me is the real skin in the game , clearly Tony Stewart is way too smart to be sucked in to rolling out flawed ideologies .

Financial fair play needs to have some teeth with proper consequences for those who break them .

Reducing parachute payments for the relegated PL club's is another one , that's probably the biggest reason why the championship is the way it is .

Will it happen , unfortunately no it won't .

It won't happen because Sky tv don't want it to happen and who pays the piper calls the tune .

They want the championship just as it is with the bigger club's at the top of the league because it's the bigger club's who draw the tv audience figures which in turn drives advertising revenue , with all due respect Rotherham United or Barnsley for that matter versus Plymouth Argyle on a Friday Night doesn't .

Keep feeding the bigger and relegated PL club's with money in the championship and Sky have the product they too can make money on .

I wouldn't go as far as to say both our club's aren't wanted in the championship it's just we aren't commercially viable to Sky in the modern era .

That's hardly the fault of Tony Stewart .

The answer is infrastructure. Get the best scouting network you can, improve facilities, and establish a way of playing in the Third which is transferable to the Championship. If the manager leaves, then replace like with like. Look at what's been done over the motorway and do the polar opposite.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast