+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation whose to blame

For many fans it’s not as simple as A or B

Most Rufc understand that it’s very difficult and probably unsustainable for us in the championship
    But the way we have collapsed since mid November is embarrassing and totally unacceptable.

Many fans of other clubs we have played recently state we are the worst side ever to appear in this league and they’re probably correct.
    I know many fans who support other teams and they traditionally ask me how the Millers are doing and where we might end up . They’ve all stopped and they don’t even mention it anymore. Of course they’re trying to be kind but in reality they are as shocked as me as to how inadequately we’ve performed week in week out since the festive period.

For me it's a combination of all of the factors already mentioned but prime amongst them has been the attitude of the players.

Victor and Rathbone apart the rest have just strolled along, shrugged their shoulders and took the pay packet.

Get rid ASAP otherwise we will see the same in league 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Hillsborough Miller View Post
    So yet again we are relegated after a pathetic performance on the pitch.
    so whose to blame
    1) Taylor and the coaching staff his playing style lack of tactics
    2) the players he brought in I accept maybe his preferred choices didn't want to come but
    players half the team didn't seem to be bothered cafu hugill appiah.
    3) injuries caused by lack of a proper training ground?
    4) the stewarts they run the club as part of their business port folio not currently as a club.
    and the way they have structured the ground and the club as two separate entities. so all the profit gained for hosting the euros went where the stewarts or the club
    the club needs to be more honest with the fans
    Summed it up there.The infrasructure that needs to be done has been ignored for too long.Since moving in to the NYS nothing has been done.We have no youth policy,Guest&Chrimes is still there,we have underused units around the ground.We have to pay rent to play at both NYS and the inadequate training ground.We have a chief exec.who nobody knows what he actually does.A chief scout who has brought in a load of crocks but gets promoted to Director of Football.This season we have broken a load of records all for the wrong reason but we hold the record of being the last club to still taking the knee.The club is a total shambles that has had no long term plan for years.

It’s It not solely about apportioning blame although it an easy reach to do,but more so what and where have we learnt and if indeed we have learnt and will we act upon the lessons we have learned ..!..

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    For many fans it’s not as simple as A or B

Most Rufc understand that it’s very difficult and probably unsustainable for us in the championship
    But the way we have collapsed since mid November is embarrassing and totally unacceptable.

Many fans of other clubs we have played recently state we are the worst side ever to appear in this league and they’re probably correct.
    I know many fans who support other teams and they traditionally ask me how the Millers are doing and where we might end up . They’ve all stopped and they don’t even mention it anymore. Of course they’re trying to be kind but in reality they are as shocked as me as to how inadequately we’ve performed week in week out since the festive period.
    There's definitely a way to go down and one that's not acceptable I agree .

If you ever get the chance to read Simon Jordan's book on his tenure as owner of Crystal Palace I'd highly recommend it .

Even a street wise and absolutely nobody's fool like Jordan was rinsed by players , agents and many other unscrupulous characters in this game who have emerged since the big bucks arrived in the 90's .

It certainly changed my perspective as a fan on the modern game , more bad eggs in this game that good uns .

Comes to something when the most sensible Rotherham fan supports Barnsley !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's definitely a way to go down and one that's not acceptable I agree .

If you ever get the chance to read Simon Jordan's book on his tenure as owner of Crystal Palace I'd highly recommend it .

Even a street wise and absolutely nobody's fool like Jordan was rinsed by players , agents and many other unscrupulous characters in this game who have emerged since the big bucks arrived in the 90's .

It certainly changed my perspective as a fan on the modern game , more bad eggs in this game that good uns .
    Yes even Neil admits he got rinsed by players at QPR bending the ear of the Owner when they were in the prem.
    Even the master football psychologist couldn’t manage that situation adequately

Too much money involved for everyone to play fair. Even at RUFC’s level

Always makes me laugh when they say football is a business , if businesses were run like modern day football almost all of us would be permanently out of work .

Since when did Amazon lose millions of dollars every year so that it's suppliers could end up wealthy beyond their dreams ? or indeed it's customers prepared to pay sums of money to the tune of four or five times the amount they once paid even though their own wages haven't risen anything like that ? .

What's more bizarre is that the people who currently own football club's couldn't possibly have run their own businesses in this manner and made such huge sums of money that allowed them to buy football club's .

The thing is it's all judged as perfectly normal .

So our only choice is a hypothetical situation that hasn’t happened for the 7 seasons we have had in the championship over the last 12 years or a situation caused by failure. Coming bottom of the league at whatever level, is failure. Last season we stayed up mainly because of the culture that PW (not a perfect manager but a successful one) had created at the club and the way he started that season. To be fair to MT he got us over the line for safety, we were not £10m in debt then!!! What hit us hard is l2 level infrastructure, awful back room staff appointments and shocking recruitment, not a balanced squad too many end of career players. MT also started to believe his own hype and set about throwing the baby with the bath water. Now whether he should have gone or not is up for debate, what hurt us was our lined up replacement went back on his word and the chairman and executive made a right mess of replacing MT, then we didn’t back LR in the window only signing loans on the last day of the window, whilst sending at least 5 players out, a decision to save money and hope for the best. PW in 2016/17 was backed in the January window including Carlton morris and semi brought in. The fact that we can’t even train when we get a lot of rain does not help at all. So for me the choice is not a made up option 1 or option 2 but having people at the club that can lead and manage under the constraints we do have, this level of failure is not a last minute goal relegation like last time it is caused by a couple lack of quality at the top of the club and at board level.

Relegation was pretty much inevitable by the time of the January transfer window and potential signings would have known that. Because of that it would have taken very large sums of money to entice high quality signings in the numbers that would be required to have even a chance of turning the season around.

The season was lost with the departures and signings that took place during Taylor's reign. Whether Taylor himself is wholly responsible for that is something that I can't comment on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast