+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Putting Weimann and Fellows on is at least a sign of intent but Stoke seem to have wanted this just that little bit more and some sloppy defensive play has helped them

Poor performance yet again!!! Shocking defending!

Hard luck lads. Very nervy games for everyone. We’ll be fine, Stoke deserve something, we have a point which most of us were happy with before the game started. Can see us getting 10 points from our remaining games. What a great league this is.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Hard luck lads. Very nervy games for everyone. We’ll be fine, Stoke deserve something, we have a point which most of us were happy with before the game started. Can see us getting 10 points from our remaining games. What a great league this is.

Amateur hour giving away a two goal lead against a poor side.

The ability of players to switch off and not do basics never fails to surprise me.

My god I was mediocre but poor effort and not concentrating for the whole match were not my weaknesses.

Being a mediocre member of a decent side meant I had to keep my head switched on the entire time, it should be the same for ALL pro players.

F kin disappointing result, three draws in a row now against “also rans” is not what we should be celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Amateur hour giving away a two goal lead against a poor side.

The ability of players to switch off and not do basics never fails to surprise me.

My god I was mediocre but poor effort and not concentrating for the whole match were not my weaknesses.

Being a mediocre member of a decent side meant I had to keep my head switched on the entire time, it should be the same for ALL pro players.

F kin disappointing result, three draws in a row now against “also rans” is not what we should be celebrating.

Perfect sum up there Mick! Hard luck - complete bollox!!! Poor Stoke side!!!!

End of the day Stoke deserved the draw but we could have-and should have-done better defensively. Still 5th but results elsewhere today mean that cushion is getting a lot smaller. With Rotherham, Sunderland, Leicester, Sheffield and PNE to come, a play off position shouldn't be in doubt still but we need to perform in all these games and not just assume that Leics. or Preston are going to be the tough ones.

Feel a bit sorry for Blues fans today having hung on until the 94th minute-my Dad won't be happy!

As I said before, coming back from two goals down to draw seems like a win but on the other hand, conceding a two goal lead to draw, feels like a defeat. We’ve felt both emotions in the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As I said before, coming back from two goals down to draw seems like a win but on the other hand, conceding a two goal lead to draw, feels like a defeat. We’ve felt both emotions in the last two games.

Point is - both should have been wins without shocking defending and easy sitters being missed. If Townsend and Furlong are decent full backs then Oli Burke should be playing for Man City!!

Not Lai’s fault who f ucked off weeks ago if we were to miss out on the play offs. Even getting into the play offs against a top four team - we need to massively step up this s hit football and awful mistakes to progress.

Didn't watch the game live yesterday but from reading the reports and watching the highlights, do you think it is time to gave Yokusolu a rest. His game has definitely gone off for a few weeks now. A game against the already relegated side should be the ideal opportunity to do this along with a couple of others who seem to be showing the effects of a long hard season.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Didn't watch the game live yesterday but from reading the reports and watching the highlights, do you think it is time to gave Yokusolu a rest. His game has definitely gone off for a few weeks now. A game against the already relegated side should be the ideal opportunity to do this along with a couple of others who seem to be showing the effects of a long hard season.
    Fair comment. I would like to see M’Vila start, so maybe an opportunity on Weds ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)