+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town [EFL L2] 06.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Apart from scoring all JOB did was lose possession.I love the man but he causes chaos.
    And that absolutely fantastic block at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    For the benefit of the rest of us, can you offer a definition of a “Happy Clapper”? I’m curious
    I’m more interested in what they think ‘panty pissers ‘ are, s the only one I see pissing their pants is the person who binned their season ticket in a strop.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard could win every game from now till Christmas and a minority would still want him gone.
    I’ve been saying for a while that he could bring us back to back promotions all the way to the Premier League and the first match we lose the old BT Engineer jibes will be out.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Glad I went (it was never really in doubt)...As remarked, a positive atmosphere. I think getting safe but out of the play-offs took the edge out of the crowd - expectations lowered, everyone seemed quite relaxed.

A good win but the scoreline flattered us a bit. It's amazing they didn't draw level when they were on top, but over 90mins they are a poor side, as we knew.
    I thought Crowley was our MoM, Ashby-H would've been if it wasn't for his long-kicking. Nemane and Cameron also had really good games.
    It looks like the 'management team' will be with us for a while
    Attachment 26010
    Agree with this. Really fun game to watch, enjoyable atmosphere, 33 shots (17 from us) and it felt a little bit like we’re starting to get our team back again. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard could win every game from now till Christmas and a minority would still want him gone.
    Some people once they hang their hat on something they haven’t got the courage to say they could be wrong and long for the day they feel they’ve be proven right.
    Early days for SM though and he has little credit on the bank but there have been quite a few green shoots the last couple of games.
    Any manager that follows a successful one adored by players and fans is usually on a hiding to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What a goal by JJ !!

We must try & hold on to him.

Notts suprised me today Notts managed to have
    a penaltysaved(not said this season) Then they repealed heavy pressure and did not let in crap goal..today we scored more goals than we let in it's the only way we can win with our defence. Changes nothing unless we make the defence much stronger and reiieable we wiil have a very poor season 24/25

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I’m more interested in what they think ‘panty pissers ‘ are, s the only one I see pissing their pants is the person who binned their season ticket in a strop.
    Agree, if you can't take the rough with the smooth you're very different to me. I've hated leaving Meadow Lane to the sound of celebrating away fans when we lost five on the trot, but the last two games have made it well worthwhile. I'm far from convinced that Maynard is the answer, but the statement made it very clear that he's staying.

A bold decision, I hope it turns out to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    What a goal by JJ !!

We must try & hold on to him.

I noticed him cupping this ear when he scored....does he have the sh1ts about something?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast