+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town [EFL L2] 06.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yeah I don't follow them closely but I would imagine that was something of a freak result.

This is what UTM said about them on the prediction thread. The poster calling the third placed team in the away table 'poor' because they want to detract from a good performance and good result seems really harsh to me.
    Unbeaten in their last 5 (home and away) and won their last game 5-1, so they must have been confident coming into the game. It is a decent win for Notts and Maynard today, to be fair.
    Stockport could be coming to Meadow Lane next either looking to secure promotion or the title. Potentially we could still be the one's to seal FGR's fate, or allow them to save themselves.

1 swallow does not make a summer and all that, but the last few performances have been better so just maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Only time will tell if it is a corner being turned or an oncoming train.

Keeper definitely MOM for me, penalty save was worth a goal at that stage in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Jodi Jones
    Great goal looking forward to seeing the highlights

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    The 2 turning points were the pen save and the introduction of JOB who was absolutely brilliant, good to see Scott back also...finally subs worked for Maynard, also a mention for Jones who looked fantastic
    Apart from scoring all JOB did was lose possession.I love the man but he causes chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Unbeaten in their last 5 (home and away) and won their last game 5-1, so they must have been confident coming into the game. It is a decent win for Notts and Maynard today, to be fair.
    Yeah I think thats fair comment. Not a perfect performance and we could (probably should) have conceded, but plenty of attacking intent and good to watch for the most part.

Really enjoyed it today, great support from fans and I thought a good crowd considering we have nothing to play for and Harrogate are not exactly a household name.

You know what guys we all have our different views and we are entitled to them. Getting back from the game i have read this thread starting from the 1st post of the team sheet upto the 98th minute were kind of funny, but they are just negative, even when we are playing well enough to beat a team higher than us, it seems that some would wish us to lose.

Today was a continuation from the last 2, except we got 3 well earned points, it was agreat game to watch with a clean sheet for NCFC.

Try and get onside lads, despite the fact that you don't care much for our manager.

I'd feel pretty miserable if I'd binned my season ticket after the Swindon game and missed two absolutely cracking home games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    You know what guys we all have our different views and we are entitled to them. Getting back from the game i have read this thread starting from the 1st post of the team sheet upto the 98th minute were kind of funny, but they are just negative, even when we are playing well enough to beat a team higher than us, it seems that some would wish us to lose.

Today was a continuation from the last 2, except we got 3 well earned points, it was agreat game to watch with a clean sheet for NCFC.

Try and get onside lads, despite the fact that you don't care much for our manager.
    Doesn’t really matter what people say on hear, it’s what happens in the ground that counts and I thought the atmosphere was excellent throughout, we’ve got mostly happy clappers luckily.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast