+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrogate Ratings

Harrogate Ratings

LAH 9 - saved a penalty and made some excellent saves, distribution wasn't the best but the wind may have played a part in that. Wouldn't mind extending his loan for next season if we could get someone even better to go ahead of him, definitely the best keeper we have.

Cameron 8 - very decent performance, made some great runs out from the back and was booked for absolutely nothing at all.

Baldwin 7 - marked down for giving the penalty away but was also pretty decent.

Macari 7 - played very well for the first half and I only assume an injury forced his removal.

Chicksen 7 - decent again, did look a bit shaky in possession at times but functioned will at left wing back, left back and left centre back.

Nemane 8 - brilliant today, beat their full back repeatedly, put in some great balls and defended very well, plus won the penalty, just hope his injury isn't serious.

Bostock 7 - much better today, far better in a deeper role with someone like Austin or JOB alongside him.

Austin 6.5 - very good in the first half but tailed off in the second, but I absolutely cannot fault his effort. He has the potential to be a very competent midfielder if he has the cover behind him.

Crowley 9 - excellent today. Got two assists, looked great going forward and put himself about a fair amount in the second half when asked to play deeper.

Jatta 6.5 - caused a lot of problems but wasn't overly effective.

Macca 7.5 - scored the penalty and pressed all over the place but didn't have many other chances.

Jones 8.5 - scored a great goal and looked brilliant going forward.

JOB 7 - scored a great header but some of his passes were a bit off, especially when he tried to play it back to bostock and gave it away in a dangerous position rather than turn into the huge space behind him.

Brindley 6.5 - I'm not his biggest fan but as an orthodox right back in a back four he's more than decent enough to play a part here next season. Looked tidy on the ball and played a part in the third goal.

Randall 6 - not really on long enough to rate properly.

Overall a throughly decent performance, albeit one in which we rode our luck on several occasions. Pleased for SM who looked delighted upon the final whistle, as did the players and majority of fans. Obviously he's attracted the 'tinkerman' tag from certain fans but all his subs and tactical switches today were warranted and worked well.

One final note on their number 9 too, he was fantastic and if we do lose Jones in the summer, id definitely be looking at him.

Austin should be a 7*

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Austin should be a 7*
    I’d agree he absolutely ran his socks off today and did some decent turns away from players to get us going. Looked a bit gassed the last 20 but didn’t stop him running, looks a better player under Maynard actually this season.

The last two games Cameron has been a different player to the rest of the season. Looks much calmer and well positioned defensively….a bit more aggressive too. I’ll second what Matt says about Austin, and I’ll raise him by saying Nemane of late looks far more confident and combative than he has been this season….he was terrific today.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    The last two games Cameron has been a different player to the rest of the season. Looks much calmer and well positioned defensively….a bit more aggressive too. I’ll second what Matt says about Austin, and I’ll raise him by saying Nemane of late looks far more confident and combative than he has been this season….he was terrific today.
    Agree with both of these.
    Cameron has looked like a defender in last two matches. I’m no fan, it he’s been consistent for two games.
    Nemane…we’re lucky to have two great wingers imo. Nemane works his socks off. Runs so much and constantly wants to have a go.
    When others were criticising him earlier in season, I still thought he was up there. Been even better in last month. One of our best.

For me that was the best I’ve seen us play under SM. Yes, we were under the cosh for 20 minutes in the second half, rode our luck and the penalty save was a huge moment. But when we were good, we were very good. MOM could have gone to any one of three or four players, but I’d have given it to LAH.

One important thing to note was the return of Cedwyn Scott - not sure I’ve ever seen such a great reception for a player who’s barely played 30 games for us when he made his return.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Obviously he's attracted the 'tinkerman' tag from certain fans but all his subs and tactical switches today were warranted and worked well.
    Great set of ratings but have to disagree with this. We were on top and generally good first half; then a half time sub which moved the positions of three players massively disrupted us and it was only some outstanding goalkeeping from LAH and bad finishing from them that kept it at 1-0 when we were absolutely battered for 15-20 minutes.

Presuming Macari was injured, the straight swap with Brindley was the logical and far less disruptive change; both Baldwin and Cameron looked massively uncomfortable in their new positions, and then the subsequent change to put Cameron RCB was even worse. Before, finally, he moved our most dangerous attacker in the first half - Nemane - to right back. All due to one injury when there was a like for like swap available!

But hey ho, we were probably due some luck. I’ve still yet to see anything from Maynard to suggest he’s the man to take us forward in the long term though, I dread every second half as he’s always outwitted by his opposite number on the substitutions (same vs MK) and is constantly trying to appear clever in changing the formations and positions.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Great set of ratings but have to disagree with this. We were on top and generally good first half; then a half time sub which moved the positions of three players massively disrupted us and it was only some outstanding goalkeeping from LAH and bad finishing from them that kept it at 1-0 when we were absolutely battered for 15-20 minutes.

Presuming Macari was injured, the straight swap with Brindley was the logical and far less disruptive change; both Baldwin and Cameron looked massively uncomfortable in their new positions, and then the subsequent change to put Cameron RCB was even worse. Before, finally, he moved our most dangerous attacker in the first half - Nemane - to right back. All due to one injury when there was a like for like swap available!

But hey ho, we were probably due some luck. I’ve still yet to see anything from Maynard to suggest he’s the man to take us forward in the long term though, I dread every second half as he’s always outwitted by his opposite number on the substitutions (same vs MK) and is constantly trying to appear clever in changing the formations and positions.
    Personally I was very pleased he bought Jodi on at half time instead of Macari for whatever reason. We won 3-0 and Jodi played a big part in it. It was a positive and attacking substitution even if it was forced.
    We were battered for 15 minutes because they really upped their game as you would expect with them still hoping for a play off spot.
    I have seen us subject to much less pressure and concede. Too often, no pressure even and concede. It was a much, much better performance today.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 06-04-2024 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Personally I was very pleased he bought Jodi on at half time instead of Macari for whatever reason. We won 3-0 and Jodi played a big part in it. It was a positive and attacking substitution even if it was forced.
    Yeah me too. Chicks struggled in his best position though, I'd say he did better as wing-back in the first half

A very good team performance in which all the players gave a good performance.
    I don't think anyone should have been rated less than 7, certainly not Sam Austin, who put in a good shift.
    As other posters have said MOM could have gone to any one of four players.
    Nemane , LAH , Crowley and Cameron up in the forefront . Decisive penalty strike by Macca , super goal by JJ & so pleased to see JOB score again from a superb assist by Dan Crowley. Typical bravery from JOB body blocking a goal attempt in the last minute.
    Chicksen has also been a factor in the last two home performances but like Cameron won't get any recognition on here.
    A very enjoyable match a clean sheet and good to see Scotty back on the pitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast