+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Randall

Will Randall

I’m finding myself willing things to change for him. Maynard clearly thinks there’s something there as he has been giving him appearances and putting him on the bench.

We just know literally nothing about him or what he can do and he must feel terrible about how this season has gone for him. Does anyone even know what position he’s meant to play? He comes on and plays out wide but I wonder if he could play where Austin plays, I hope we get to find out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’m finding myself willing things to change for him. Maynard clearly thinks there’s something there as he has been giving him appearances and putting him on the bench.

We just know literally nothing about him or what he can do and he must feel terrible about how this season has gone for him. Does anyone even know what position he’s meant to play? He comes on and plays out wide but I wonder if he could play where Austin plays, I hope we get to find out at some point.
    Should be shown the door last kick of the season and hopefully will followed by Morias and Maynard

From memory he played mainly on the left wing for Sutton but is right footed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Should be shown the door last kick of the season and hopefully will followed by Morias and Maynard
    Unfortunately both Morias and Randall are contracted until end of next season.I doubt there'll be many clubs willing to take either of them on.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-04-2024 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Unfortunately both Morias and Randall are contracted until end of next season.I doubt there'll be many clubs willing to take either of them on.
    it would be nice if both of them are given a fair chance to actually prove themselves before ditching them. Just a thought.

Randall was injury prone at Sutton and nothing has changed. We have no room in the budget for passengers when we will be carrying several defenders on 2 year contracts next season who probably are at best back up only as we need to rebuild the defence. We are not short of options upfront. Needs to be farmed out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    it would be nice if both of them are given a fair chance to actually prove themselves before ditching them. Just a thought.
    Apart from the later stages of a game we aren't in a position to give them a fair chance are we. Subs coming off the bench should be at least close to the same level as those coming off, neither of them are at the moment. Both of them have been strange recruitment decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    We did, but I think that says more about us!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    How can we, they spend most of their time on the treatment table or generally missing with no explanation. Sorry but time to ship them out the door as soon as we can.

I was at the training session for sponsors earlier today and Randall looked quite sharp on the training ground. Physically, he’s a bit taller than most of our other options in the wingback positions and will be like a new signing if he can get a pre-season behind him and stay fit - but therein lies the challenge.

Junior Morias was at the subsequent lunch, but didn’t take part in any of the training session. We really do need to move him on in the summer if possible - presumably back to the National League.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast