+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Douglas

Douglas

Did anyone else use a years worth of swear word allocation ? A few seconds from having the yellows wiped. Did he really need to go into that table so hard?

Arsenal away. Should be giggle.

We’re stuttering, no doubt about it but given the injuries and squad depth coupled with I think playing the third most games of the season, our lads are warriors. In the years to come we will talk about how good this side was and the names we wish we still had. No matter where we finish ( I think 5th) it’s been a wonderful season and I’ve never worn my Villa tops more proudly.

Peace and love x

35 seconds left, would tiredness be an excuse for the lack of discipline? I do wonder how the heck he has managed 10 effers this season. On further inspection, it's a mixture of kicking the ball away, dissent, and 1 or 2 lazy tackles. Football intelligence?

Very disappointing, but that’s DL for you. But if you take away his petulance, you take away his flamboyancy and imagination.

With you on 5th. I think that we need 70 points (could also be enough for 4th), that's another 10 points from 6 games, a tall order considering our ever-diminishing squad and our calamity defence.

Earlier in the season Emery dismissed talks of top4 and said if we are still in contention with 7 games left then to ask him again - well, what a season this one has been. Yes indeed we have had an awful lot of games, think we peaked with that Man C performance and have rarely looked the same since but still been able to pick up wins on the road, we are porous at home from set pieces & crosses - Mings is a big loss.

We may yet nick 4th, Spurs still have to play the top3 plus Chelsea & Newcastle away - let's just enjoy the ride and not get ahead of ourselves.

Morgan Rodgers - really like the look of him, young, improving game by game, and now he's off the mark I think he'll get a few more in the remaining games.

Dougie (just remembering the title of this thread!), he does give away some silly free kicks, nature of the beast in that number 6 role I suppose but dissent is completely on him.

I actually saw Luiz at Birmingham Airport last week

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)