+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

I'am very worried who goes.I think we know who it will be.

I'am more worried who this idiot BRINGS IN.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He’s an absolutely lovely footballer, streets ahead of league 2. That said you need rugged players aside him, macrari gets better every game, Cameron can be but the truth is he’s already signed somewhere else.
    Not sure why you think that when he’s been found wanting defensively time and time again in league two? He has the gift but without the mental minerals there’s only so far you can go.

I watched the commentary of the Boreham Wood goals today, wherever he goes I’ll never forget those two moments he gave us, etched in my memory forever, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Not sure why you think that when he’s been found wanting defensively time and time again in league two? He has the gift but without the mental minerals there’s only so far you can go.

I watched the commentary of the Boreham Wood goals today, wherever he goes I’ll never forget those two moments he gave us, etched in my memory forever, hopefully.
    Baldwin is both our best and worst defender. I really think with the right sort alongside (with apologies to the other recent thread - a Graeme Lee/sort), he could be even better for us and/by cut/cutting out the errors.

On Jodi, was talking to a Cov fan at work. Absolutely loves JJ but is adamant that L1 is as far as he can be effective. Not sure myself - cracking player but how straightforward are his tricks for the better defenders to deal with? [I don't know the answer.]

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    On Jodi, was talking to a Cov fan at work. Absolutely loves JJ but is adamant that L1 is as far as he can be effective. Not sure myself - cracking player but how straightforward are his tricks for the better defenders to deal with? [I don't know the answer.]
    it might be about the physicality and athleticism needed at Championship up

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    I'am very worried who goes.I think we know who it will be.

I'am more worried who this idiot BRINGS IN.
    I hope you dont mean Maynard ?

He like Ardley Burchnall Williams dont make the signings.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    it might be about the physicality and athleticism needed at Championship up
    Suspect lot of truth in that

I think we would be OK if we lost just 1 out of the 3 ( JJ. Macca or Crowley ). Would not like to pick which one we lost. But the loss of one player can alter a team's performance. Look at Swindon they had a loan striker who was scoring nearly as many goals as Macca. But when he was recalled from the loan Swindon rapidly fell down the table. COYP.

I think we might cash in one at least one of our stars, with Jones the most likely candidate - assuming he wants to move on. Of all our players, Jones is the one who could perform a division or two higher, and I agree that Swansea might be interested. He's too good for L2.

Macca is a goal machine, but I think he has a lower ceiling than Jones. If he moves up a couple of divisions, I could see him warming the bench before drifting down the leagues again. The only L1 club who could throw enough money at the club to temp a sale would be Wrexham, assuming they go up.

Crowley I think will stay.

From a technical point of view both Macca and Jones are under contract next season so unless the club get offers they can't refuse plus personal terms are met then there is no reason to completley write off them starting the first game of next season.

We've not sold any players yet under the Radar and all key players have seen out their contracts such as Wootton and Rodrigues. There was speculation surrounding those each summer as well. Obviously if either Macca or Jones put in a transfer request that's a different scenario.

The club like to maximise their chances of sucess so on the face of it the club has a better chance of being strong in League Two next season with them rather than without them.

It then becomes about if the club did receive offers would they meet the club and players valuation and would the club be able to adequately replace them.

What needs to be avoided is the pendulum swinging the other way and being out of balance from a goal scoring and creative perspective and we end up being a team that concedes the least amount of goals but scores the least amount of goals. Everyone knows goal scorers and goal creaters are tough to find so that might be something that may naturally happen if both did leave.

If that were to be the case we would need to half the amount of goals conceded to be in the 40's but can only afford to score about 10 less goals than we have now. Barrow are 5th and have scored 57 which is roughly the goals we would have without Macca's 25 goals.

Macca is probably the easiest to replace; we will have Scott, Jatta and Morias, plus McGoldrick to get on the end of chances (OK.. Morias has a lot to prove still, but we still have strength in depth there. If we lost Jones, Nemane, or Crowley that supply of chances would be severely impacted and even with Macca we would score fewer goals.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast