+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Yeah I understand what you are saying but I think the team also deserve credit for sticking at it all season despite some iffy results a bit like us but adapting better than us after the losses.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I wouldn't say Wrexham FC deserve it as such, the owners deserve it for their investment and involvement (if you get what I mean).
    I dunno about "deserve", that's not how the world works really is it. But I definitely think it's great Wrexham's long-suffering fans are having good times of late, long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I wouldn't say Wrexham FC deserve it as such, the owners deserve it for their investment and involvement (if you get what I mean).
    That’s tripe and you know it. Most successful sides have investment. Did Notts deserve to win League 2 under Munto?
    The teams with the most expensive squads tend to be there or there abouts at the end of the season. Doesn’t matter what league you look at either.

Weren't Chesterfield on track to beat the points haul of last season? Have they won a match since they got promoted? Maybe they won't be that wrong next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Weren't Chesterfield on track to beat the points haul of last season? Have they won a match since they got promoted? Maybe they won't be that wrong next year.
    They beat Boreham Wood 3-0 to get promotion. Since then:
    Lost vs York City 2-1
    Lost vs Kiddie 1-3
    Lost vs Wealdstone 1-0
    Lost vs Gateshead 2-1
    Their last match of the season is against Maidenhead who sit in 12th and can't make the playoffs.

They were goiving all that about smashing Wrexhams points total earlier in the season. Now they'll not even manage to get to 100 points let alone beat our points total. More proof that we deserved to go up last season that they can't even get near our points total in what was the easiest league for years for them I think they'll get a shock next season for sure.

Strong I meant

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    They're not going to pay the £1m plus for Macca, their record fee so far is £300k for Palmer. They play using a target man so unless they're planning on selling Mullin. It was some Wrexham website that gets nothing correct that mentioned it now others including Wrexham fans are believing it

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    They're not going to pay the £1m plus for Macca, their record fee so far is £300k for Palmer. They play using a target man so unless they're planning on selling Mullin. It was some Wrexham website that gets nothing correct that mentioned it now others including Wrexham fans are believing it
    Don’t know if the price tag will be an issue or not, I think if someone offers 750k he could be gone, remember that 300k was in the NL so spending upwards of 750k in L1 is believable.
    As you say I can’t see how it would work with Mullin though who’s still a good age and will score plenty in L1.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast