+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    And a quid a match for Craig Ramage's wages.
    It was worth it just for the equalizer against Brizzzle.

I was living in South Wales at the time so travelled back down the M42 / M5 with the Brizzle fans. Safe to say they were not happy at all.

They still aren't over it (Bristol Rovers: The Official Definitive History - Stephen Byrne, Mike Jay - Google Books)... and Foster was definitely not injured. It was a time wasting effort gone wrong, and anyway, you play to the whistle.

Last edited by Kent Magpie; 10-04-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    The main stand was rebuilt because the Taylor Report recommended that all stadiums in the top 2 flights should become all-seated by 1994 and all 4 divisions later. As soon as we'd built it, that rule was rescinded for the lower 2 leagues, which is why, over 30 years later, there's still terracing at Lg1/2 grounds.
    Clubs promoted up from the 3rd tier within x years of the Taylor report recommendations had a longer deadline than other top tier clubs, which included Notts.

The plans to press ahead with phase one were announced 6 days after Rideout was sold in January 1992, when we were 4 points clear of the drop.

We can never discuss Pavis and the re-building of the ground though without his famous quote "Hindsight is a wonderful thing", which tells us that he would have almost certainly done things differently had he known the outcome. I think he said it would have cost more putting it off, in which case he must have gambled on us staying up, as of Jan 92 when it looked as though we might. As it was, it would have been worth paying more whilst still a PL club a year later than paying less but back in the FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I was living in South Wales at the time so travelled back down the M42 / M5 with the Brizzle fans. Safe to say they were not happy at all.

They still aren't over it (Bristol Rovers: The Official Definitive History - Stephen Byrne, Mike Jay - Google Books)... and Foster was definitely not injured. It was a time wasting effort gone wrong, and anyway, you play to the whistle.

Steve Foster had a trial with Notts and played against Hucknall town I think he also played in a friendly for us against Middlesboro. He was the son of an old mate of mine Bulwell lad and Stags captain Colin Foster.(Not the one who later signed for Forest).

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Steve Foster had a trial with Notts and played against Hucknall town I think he also played in a friendly for us against Middlesboro. He was the son of an old mate of mine Bulwell lad and Stags captain Colin Foster.(Not the one who later signed for Forest).
    Is that the Steve Foster who got the “You’re not playing at Wembley” chant?

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Whether you would sell to us is a different matter and I suspect you would not given the recent history.
    Don't see why we wouldn't? Not like it was an acrimonious rivalry or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Don't see why we wouldn't? Not like it was an acrimonious rivalry or anything.
    It's the exact opposite of an acrimonious rivalry. The Reedtz brothers and the Hollywood boys are like chalk and cheese, but I think there is nothing but respect and admiration both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's the exact opposite of an acrimonious rivalry. The Reedtz brothers and the Hollywood boys are like chalk and cheese, but I think there is nothing but respect and admiration both ways.
    That was my reedtz on the situation too.

And same for the clubs in general, really? Like given we're not going up this season, I really hope Wrexham do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    That was my reedtz on the situation too.

And same for the clubs in general, really? Like given we're not going up this season, I really hope Wrexham do!
    Yeah good luck to them they deserve it if it happens just a pity we will lose some of the reflected Hollywood razzmatazz and publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Yeah good luck to them they deserve it if it happens just a pity we will lose some of the reflected Hollywood razzmatazz and publicity.
    I wouldn't say Wrexham FC deserve it as such, the owners deserve it for their investment and involvement (if you get what I mean).

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast