+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will JJ & Macca be with us next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Mclean is another Championship player you've got.
    Nope - Signed him from Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I don't thing Jones would last long on your heavy pitch before getting injured. Plus it's a loooooong way from his home and family in Coventry which was one of his draws to Notts. Plus having a new born he'll not want to be away from home. Langstaff is a player that wants to enjoy his football and personal life, hes said that in the past. I doubt Wrexham would be give him enough excitement to draw him away from Notts even if you could meet his value. If anywhere he'll be heading north east or south Wales for Swansea.
    Hmmm, interesting take. Sounds a bit straw clutchy. Our pitch is better than most in this League. Does he not pay on those cow fields like Mansfield and Bradford when you play away?
    Coventry to Wrexham is about a 2 hour drive, mostly on motorways. Not a long way at all.
    I'm not sure there is a more exciting club to be at right now than us, certainly not in the lower leagues, but I'm biased of course. Club is on the up and has great owners, is stable and only going in one direction. What more do you want?
    Also not sure what you mean by 'enjoy his football and his personal life' - doesn't every footballer?

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Hmmm, interesting take. Sounds a bit straw clutchy. Our pitch is better than most in this League. Does he not pay on those cow fields like Mansfield and Bradford when you play away?
    Coventry to Wrexham is about a 2 hour drive, mostly on motorways. Not a long way at all.
    I'm not sure there is a more exciting club to be at right now than us, certainly not in the lower leagues, but I'm biased of course. Club is on the up and has great owners, is stable and only going in one direction. What more do you want?
    Also not sure what you mean by 'enjoy his football and his personal life' - doesn't every footballer?
    2 hours Cov to Wrexham and Wrexham relies on constant success, good luck with both of them JJ is more likely to end up back at Coventry City than Wrexham

It may well all depend on the players ambitions? ML often expresses deep gratitude to Notts for being given his EFL chance but has tremendous ambition. Has JJ got more ambition than allows in his personal life? He is first on the starting lineup, adored by all, plays with freedom at L2 level and is getting international games with us. They will both (ML certainly) need evidence of intent with us but I think ML will stay for one more season and then talk to the club while JJ will extend his contract when offered.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It may well all depend on the players ambitions? ML often expresses deep gratitude to Notts for being given his EFL chance but has tremendous ambition. Has JJ got more ambition than allows in his personal life? He is first on the starting lineup, adored by all, plays with freedom at L2 level and is getting international games with us. They will both (ML certainly) need evidence of intent with us but I think ML will stay for one more season and then talk to the club while JJ will extend his contract when offered.
    Thinking about JJ, clues might be in the rest of his career so far. This season has been the most he's ever played and the most he's ever produced. To put it in perspective, goals + assists this season -27, goals + assists for the rest of his career so far - 19. Most people would not want to change their situation when it's finally working out for them.
    I think it'd take a big fee and much superior personal terms to prize him away.

https://fbref.com/en/players/ca4bd2b...l-Competitions

I hope neither of them go, at least for season 24-25, but if and when they go then good luck to both.

I think Maynard will eventually have JJ playing inside right if he stays as I think that’s his preferred position.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I hope neither of them go, at least for season 24-25, but if and when they go then good luck to both.
    Seconded.

If anything I would rather keep JJ, as well as being a goal threat his assists are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    He could play in the Lee role, or at wing back. Parky sometimes (not often) plays a diamond midfield as well.... and its not out the question that we change formation next season as many players are out of contract and they won't be retained.

The only Championship player we've signed is George Evans from Millwall I think. But in general terms we won't be taking championship players as the wages will be too high.

I just think Langstaff will have already been contacted by L1 clubs and will pretty much know where he can potentially go. Not having to sell puts you in a strong position though. I might be wrong mind, as he seems very grounded and level headed and may want to give it another season with you, which is quite possible.
    Wasn't Elliot Lee a Championship player at Luton when you signed him? And what about Andy Cannon and Will Boyle?

Re Langstaff: you may be right. Ultimately it will come down to whether we want to cash in and reinvest the money or keep him and risk losing him on a free. It's a tough one really. Having a million pounds to spend could be what's needed to push for promotion, but likewise, having a striker score 20+ goals for another two seasons could also make the difference.

Great win yesterday by the way! Looks like a win on Saturday and you're home and dry.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 10-04-2024 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Wasn't Elliot Lee a Championship player at Luton when you signed him? And what about Andy Cannon and Will Boyle?
    Indeed they were, funny when a Notts fan know more about Wrexham than a Wrexham fan

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast