+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new norm-dont blame anybody for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Muric's facial expression when leaving the pitch at half-time showed enough contrition for me CiB.

$hit happens, it just happens with our lot too often for my liking.
    I can't blame our gks because I believe they are playing to orders.

Well if that is the case,they need to grow some balls and do what's right

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Well if that is the case,they need to grow some balls and do what's right
    I've just watched Dortmund & Maatsen make exactly the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Cullen and Kompany in their post match comments reinforcing that Muric wont be blamed for his mistake because he has made many critical saves since returning.No doubt the same goes for O`Shea who despite recent improvement has a clanger every two games in him.
    If nobody is ever blamed and therefore punished for their mistakes then what is the incentive to not make the same mistakes again?
    With this pathetic no blame climate in an organisation the mistakes will just continue.Dock him a months wages and he will think twice before faffing about on the ball and giving away three points.
    In any enivronment there has to be accountability.
    There does CIB , my only thing is players are not the same some need helping and others need *******ing.

Times have changed in everything we could go back to Dyche and murmuring of bullying - him telling Bamford he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and being genuinely horrible to him ( that happened as well I know from a source )

You see I liked Bamford he could beat a man without touching the ball when he was given 5 mins for us that is. Yet Dyche dissed him and he went to Leeds.

I suppose it’s how far do you want to go really

At school we had the thick table and yet now people are recognised to be autistic or other problems were before they were simply ignored.

The point was we havent been good enough but screaming and shouting - fining doesn’t work for everyone - I think the fact that VK is calm most of the time and balanced in assessments and not pacing up and down the side line screaming annoys some of our fans - I mean if he’s not screaming he doesn’t care does he ?

He deserves a chance to put things right - in truth Dyche was afforded time - so why not VK.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    There does CIB , my only thing is players are not the same some need helping and others need *******ing.

Times have changed in everything we could go back to Dyche and murmuring of bullying - him telling Bamford he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and being genuinely horrible to him ( that happened as well I know from a source )

You see I liked Bamford he could beat a man without touching the ball when he was given 5 mins for us that is. Yet Dyche dissed him and he went to Leeds.

I suppose it’s how far do you want to go really

At school we had the thick table and yet now people are recognised to be autistic or other problems were before they were simply ignored.

The point was we havent been good enough but screaming and shouting - fining doesn’t work for everyone - I think the fact that VK is calm most of the time and balanced in assessments and not pacing up and down the side line screaming annoys some of our fans - I mean if he’s not screaming he doesn’t care does he ?

He deserves a chance to put things right - in truth Dyche was afforded time - so why not VK.
    He cares alright does our Vinny he was totally f*cking apoplectic at Stamford Bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Dyche was not given £100m in any transfer window-in fact in probably all his transfer windows together whilst in the PL-and he was not given neither the time or money to put things right.He had a bad last season which was undoubtedly through an ageing squad and previous underinvestment for years.He was sacked before the end of that season.Unless you are referring to his first relegation from the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Dyche was not given £100m in any transfer window-in fact in probably all his transfer windows together whilst in the PL-and he was not given neither the time or money to put things right.He had a bad last season which was undoubtedly through an ageing squad and previous underinvestment for years.He was sacked before the end of that season.Unless you are referring to his first relegation from the PL.
    When he first came he was dire - the football was poor and we managed to survive relegation- after that he improved results wise anyway - as you say technically two relegations really.
    I really can’t understand the obsession with 100million ( which it isn’t that much anyway in todays game as I posted it’s moved so much and the prices of average players ) we needed players and yes we chose the development side instead of experienced but if we’d gone with the opposite model a established centre back with credentials would be 30 million upwards and a midfield playmaker the same ( so that 2/3 rds of the so called spend in two players and literally we didn’t have a squad.

We can all point fingers and say we should have got THB ( no guarantee he’d cut it at this level - struggled at Southampton when I’ve watched him this year ). Nathan Tella similar scenario yes we’d have liked him but if they wouldn’t sell to us at the right money what can they do.

I always think it’s easy to say we should have done this or that and or bought Tella - maatsen - and Bellis that was the entire budget in 3 players ( fact ) so where would that have left us.

I completely get the disappointment and agree that we have made mistakes in recruitment but which players should we have signed to be very competitive at this level and have a squad not just starters without blowing the budget on two or three at most.

We may end up paying for the mistakes in the next year or two but we may also gain from them as well, my thing is CIB all three promoted aren’t good enough at this level yes we spent money but we didn’t spend it on old pros with no potential profit ( we should have spent some on these kind of players ) hopefully the gamble pays off a bit and we can survive - sell - buy and build again.

We survived by the skin of our teeth for several years under Dyche playing dire football imo it was boring and not competitive for me anyway ( by this I mean we played a lot of games where before I sat in my seat I knew what was coming )

Some people are happy with that I get it , I wasn’t I was bored watching it - it’s a different theme this year now I’m annoyed with mistakes and cheap goals we give away.

No one’s happy with the situation - I just think we have to stay with the manager so far it’s 50-50 a brilliant season and a poor one.

“I would rather have Rovers manager in charge Eustace, he has stopped the rot, they have stopped conceding goals, just like we did when Dyche took over from Howe”

Ironic timing

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    “I would rather have Rovers manager in charge Eustace, he has stopped the rot, they have stopped conceding goals, just like we did when Dyche took over from Howe”

Ironic timing
    I thought that too. They should be safe though as the teams below them keep getting beaten too. Welcome to the forum if you're stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post

Ironic timing
    You can guarantee it on here mate, if you stick your neck out something or someone will come along and bite you right on the arse!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)