+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new norm-dont blame anybody for anything.

The new norm-dont blame anybody for anything.

Cullen and Kompany in their post match comments reinforcing that Muric wont be blamed for his mistake because he has made many critical saves since returning.No doubt the same goes for O`Shea who despite recent improvement has a clanger every two games in him.
    If nobody is ever blamed and therefore punished for their mistakes then what is the incentive to not make the same mistakes again?
    With this pathetic no blame climate in an organisation the mistakes will just continue.Dock him a months wages and he will think twice before faffing about on the ball and giving away three points.
    In any enivronment there has to be accountability.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 07-04-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Muric's facial expression when leaving the pitch at half-time showed enough contrition for me CiB.

$hit happens, it just happens with our lot too often for my liking.

I am with CiB on this. At PL level that sort of sh*t should not happen. End of. A pat on the head and a sugar lump helps no one.

No excuses for Muric, that was just crazy.

This lot are the most undisciplined rabble I have had the misfortune to watch,they play like an under 12s side and are led by

I was going to say led by imbeciles, who shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier league football club

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    I was going to say led by imbeciles, who shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier league football club
    As it sits we are the 21st best team in England. Not bad for a set of imbeciles b_c.

As a former civil servant I am fully on board with the no blame culture. Let me make it abundantly clear I am in no way responsible for Burnley’s parlous state of affairs this season. I can’t honestly say the same for the rest of you on here.

What is the point of blame in this circumstance though? What is the point of punishment for this kind of mistake? Accountability for your actions and a genuine mistake are two different things.

If a man performs a flying karate kick into a spectator, or knowingly takes performance enhancing drugs, then you have a conscious decision and gross negligence and punishment is clearly appropriate.

If your intention is good but your decision is a fraction late or your foot is positioned a couple of inches in the wrong place, that's not an accountability thing. You might judge it's a capability or performance thing, but why would you be whipped for it?

The way to fix a problem has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    As a former civil servant I am fully on board with the no blame culture. Let me make it abundantly clear I am in no way responsible for Burnley’s parlous state of affairs this season. I can’t honestly say the same for the rest of you on here.
    I was out of the country for our latest debacle so you can't lay that one on me.

What does not kill you makes you stronger...

Name:  Mistakes.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  21.8 KB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)