+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Onside

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Can I just say, if Sevco's penalty in the New Firm game was a penalty in any fu cking real universe, the game is truly, well and fu cking truly, gone.

Again, Ah disagree ... Ah wis gan tae begin this post wi the word 'sorry' ... but Ah'm nae ...

Silva is a divin' cheatin' barstird, and should hae been sent aff for bein' a divin' cheatin' barstird previous tae the penalty incident ... but ...

Loyalties, colours and grudges aside ... he was brought doon as the result o' significant contact which impeded his movement whilst he had every chance o' still bein' in control o' the baa in the Smelltic penalty area.

Even if he had dived on this occasion, which, Ah'd like tae believe but dinna ... it wis a fkn pen aa day lang ... by auld rules and new ... The only funny thing aboot it is that Celtic fans are still mumpin aboot it.

Dinna join them FFS ... stand free

Stand free as a bottom six club an' accept for the wee while ahead o' us that the top 5's results are fkn irrelevant.

Canna agree with that Min.
    It seems these days that "contact entitles a player to go down".
    For me, the JJs defender did not commit a foul, he played the ball and there was incidental contact with the Sevconian player.
    If that had been an attacker at Shedsocksley or Inverdee back in the day, their ain team mates are b0ll0cking him for being a f@nny and nae chasing the loose ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Agree the Gartenmann/Miovski exchange puts Miovski onside ... but .... looking at the still when the ball was kicked, McDonald's head is a wee touch forward o' the head o' the nearest defender, and well forward o' any anatomical component o' the centre backs ... let alone 'parts legally allowed tae play the baa'.

Had the linesman .. sorry, assistant ref ... spotted this, and seen McDonald receiving the forward ball, a flag would have been raised and play stopped in favour of a free kick tae Livi. Had he nae been first tae the baa .... it would be a diffrent story.

Look at the still again ... it is marginal ( though Ah'd say aboot a full 'headsworth') ... which prob explains why the decision took so long. As much as ye love the famous AFC - which is commendable, and as much as ye hate VAR - which is understandable, and as much as Ah'd like tae be wrang - which is inconsequential .... tae me, if McDonald hadna been leanin' so far forward, his napper, or at least the offendin half o' it, would hae been onside... But fae the still, Ah see an affside napper, and can understand it might hae been as marginal as tae tak a wee minute tae call it.

Noo ... fit aboot we look at the wee blur on the still, and calculate how many milliseconds efter the instant the baa was kicked that frame was captured, and far McDonalds napper wis at ... and extrapolate far Gus' napper would hae been at that aforesaid instant?

Ah believe normal vid speed is aboot 24 frames/sec.
    I short bursts, a fit human being can move aroon 20 mph ( maybe mair) ... like aboot 9metres/sec ... 9 metres is aboot 29 an' a half feet ... divide by 24 fkn frames, and ye hae aboot 15 inches o' movement atween frames .... near enough two Clarkson sized nappers!

Maybe VAR uses higher resolution, higher frame rate cameras than the BBC use for transmission .. Ah dinna ken, though Ah doubt it .... but if they dinna, then it leaves so much margin for error that they might be as weel jist leavin the ref tae get on wi the fkn game
    I'm with you on the 'when was the ball kicked' issue, think I've made that point before. I do have an issue of 'level is onside' and 'advantage to the attacker'. If, and it's a big if, MacDonalds head is in advance of the torso of the defenders, that shouldn't come into it if level is onside and we're giving advantage to the attacker. It should be his whole body is in front of the defenders to give the attackers the advantage they say they want. The current view is a referees view designed to keep the refs front and centre in the eyes of the fans. My different interpretation would be more acceptable to fans and arguments about hairstyle in front disappear leaving arguments about is a heel in advance. More acceptable for stopping goals and I think easier for lino's. I mean ffs they are pißsing about over the definition of level???!!!!

The other issue, you haven't yet discussed is, why did they refuse to let people see how they made their decision? Regardless of any of the above this bit is utterly unacceptable. You can't make rules based on the minutia of measurement and use technology to determine that minutia of measurement without showing the technological explanation for the decision made. Fans have paid money to have the game played in the first place, they CAN expect to have transparency of decision making. We may not agree, we are after all biased, but at least we would know why. Just because some hun chunt thought so is not enough, we need to know why he thought so.

Decent discussion. Would be good if the club and SFA were aware of this.

So the truth is out
    The technology didn’t work so they fckn guessed it was offside- no collaboration with referee or linesman or accept the on field decision
    Fck VAR. Fck SPFL. Fck SFA. Fck UEFA

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/04/10/clu...tant-referees/

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    So the truth is out
    The technology didn’t work so they fckn guessed it was offside- no collaboration with referee or linesman or accept the on field decision
    Fck VAR. Fck SPFL. Fck SFA. Fck UEFA

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/04/10/clu...tant-referees/
    It really is quite simple, every club moans about it (and they are paying for it), every fan hates it. Get it removed next season until either the technology improves or we can afford a better version of VAR. Sweden has refused to put it in for this reason. I foolishly expected VAR to put a stop to referees favouring sevco and celtic but it's just made the cheating worse so zero reason to keep it

This is what happens when you buy something on Wish and then man it with clueless fuds (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Expect no improvement regarding this given who runs the game up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It really is quite simple, every club moans about it (and they are paying for it), every fan hates it. Get it removed next season until either the technology improves or we can afford a better version of VAR. Sweden has refused to put it in for this reason. I foolishly expected VAR to put a stop to referees favouring sevco and celtic but it's just made the cheating worse so zero reason to keep it
    I didn’t realise Sweden had refused it- I thought that to play in European competition, national leagues had to implement it in their top league
    Bin it

Glad the club took this up and have outed the cheating. Referees can't give a penalty unless they were sure. Apparently some hun in a box can rule out a goal without being sure.

We thought (I think I can say that for most) that there was cheating going on. It has now been shown to be the case.

Having at last accepted there was cheating (guessing to overrule an onfield decision is cheating) the issue now is what to do about it. Being the SFA and saying their officials were put in a difficult situation, they weren't, I expect nothing to happen. That is the essence of the problem in Scottish football. We ( again I think I can say for most) know and have seen the cheating. It's now exposed but the SFA are happy with the cheating, have been for over 100 years and don't want it to change even though it's not just obvious but exposed.

I really don't think this is a VAR issue. It's the morons who run it and the morons in the SFA who sanction the obvious, now exposed, cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    I didn’t realise Sweden had refused it- I thought that to play in European competition, national leagues had to implement it in their top league
    Bin it
    I'm not sure what they do for European matches, but they are the only league in the top 30 leagues in Europe not to use VAR albeit they are due to look at it again in Autumn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast