+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameron…

He looked angry yesterday and I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Last two games he seems like a different person. Actually looks like he cares. Actually looks like a defender.
    In fact his sudden turnaround seemingly coincided with his wife and her sister going ape on X.
    Do we reckon that had something to do with it?
    Or is he now buying into SM as manager and he was one of the “refusing to play or care” lot?

Or is it just an upturn in form which was way, way overdue?

I’m no fan and probably never will be, but credit where it’s due. Last two games he’s looked much better.
    Yes credit where it’s due, but could you not just leave it at that and take the possitives, clean sheet & 3 points.
    Why drag up the X comments it’s unnecessary you are just stirring the pot AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Absolutely, he showed more aggression yesterday than he has all season and injected an edge into his game that was much needed.
    Could it possibly be that SM is making him a better player????

I'm clearly in a minority but I thought Cameron was okay yesterday without being anywhere near the defender I'd want him to be. The bottom line is that he and Baldwin (with Chicks and Macari) emerged from the game with a clean sheet, and if they keep doing that then it will speak for itself, but I still saw multiple instances of passive defending or over-elaborate play in the wrong areas that on another day could have been punished.

Perhaps the 3-0 scoreline has put some rose-tint on perspectives, but Kyle and Aden have still got a long way to go before I'll see them as 'proper' defenders who can lock the back door week in week out, although obviously I want them to do so. In my opinion, Macari is the best defender of the three of them by some way.
    Last edited by jackal2; 07-04-2024 at 01:06 PM.

The defenders had the keeper to thank for a clean sheet. He bailed them out a few times. If he could perform like that every week, it will look very much better for Montagu.

I wonder if the defenders have suddenly realised they are under threat of not playing next season, having read the boards' statement.
    2 extracts below:-

"As you would expect, Stuart Maynard and his team are working hard on this and we believe we’re on track to build a team with the right balance between attack and defence, which will concede far fewer goals and bring an improved level of performance next season."
    "As proved in last season’s incredible title battle with Wrexham, we know we can compete with anyone at our level regardless of budgets and we also have complete faith in our bespoke, continually-evolving data model – the efficacy of which will only be enhanced by our learnings from our first season in League Two."

The first bit is an obvious threat to their position and the second talks of improving our recruitment model.

Whatever the reason, for the most part I liked what I saw yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a member of his family, I think Cameron has long been unfairly maligned on here. I get that the defensive record has been shocking and he is the captain at the centre of it, liable to drop a rick from time to time, but I don't think it's fair to make him the whipping boy.
    He has made a few awful mistakes and can be quite chaotic at times.

But when he's not, it's all good, I've always found Baldwin impressive but yesterday he was very decent - I always see him pointing out passing lanes to other players and wanting to help, it's nice to see someone who's communicating constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckPie View Post
    Yes credit where it’s due, but could you not just leave it at that and take the possitives, clean sheet & 3 points.
    Why drag up the X comments it’s unnecessary you are just stirring the pot AGAIN.
    Rubbish man.
    Just trying to gauge opinions on whether the sudden upturn of his form is down to social media call outs, SM getting to grips with him or just what it said. An upturn in form.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Rubbish man.
    Just trying to gauge opinions on whether the sudden upturn of his form is down to social media call outs, SM getting to grips with him or just what it said. An upturn in form.
    No need for explanation, just take it as a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Could it possibly be that SM is making him a better player????
    Possibly, I think Austin’s 100% better under SM and I’d say that for Nemane too. I think against popular opinion he’s starting to get the best out of JJ, I think people are wrong he wants to play on the left as when he joined he said cutting in off the right was his best position and I agree, as an inside right I would say is his best position, it’s too easy now to double mark him wide left now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast