+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TS saying LR in charge for next season is no guarantee

In an ideal world have a long term strategy, sign progressive younger players & bring more of our own younger players through. Under the present set-up can you see that happening? Agree Evans got to move on from.him but need a manager with his passion.

Give LR a chance playing the kids for the last few games.
    Then I think Paul Hurst would be a good fit for us in League One next season.
    He could instill the fight and passion and even bring back Woods to help player/Coach.
    Yes he is at Shrewsbury at the moment.
    But I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to persuade him to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    Give LR a chance playing the kids for the last few games.
    Then I think Paul Hurst would be a good fit for us in League One next season.
    He could instill the fight and passion and even bring back Woods to help player/Coach.
    Yes he is at Shrewsbury at the moment.
    But I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to persuade him to come home.
    Hurst will never be manager at Rotherham while Rob Scott is at the club. Apparently goes back to Scotts sacking at Grimsby when they were joint managers.

Agree with citizen
    LR is restricted in what he can say publicly.

Hurst he's too good a loser. Wood leave him were he is. Morrison knows set-up here, get shut of those 2 clowns give him remainder of the season to assess the squad release/move players on not in his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Hurst he's too good a loser. Wood leave him were he is. Morrison knows set-up here, get shut of those 2 clowns give him remainder of the season to assess the squad release/move players on not in his plans.
    You keep saying for Morrison for manager yet you've no idea if he's done any coaching badges or if he even wants to be a manager. You are aware that you're not allowed to be a manager in the EFL without badges?

And why do you baulk at the idea of an untried coach in Wood ever being involved at the club in any capacity, yet want to give an untried coach in Morrison the managers job? What's the difference and what are you basing it on?
    Last edited by Masbroughstreet; 08-04-2024 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You keep saying for Morrison for manager yet you've no idea if he's done any coaching badges or if he even wants to be a manager. You are aware that you're not allowed to be a manager in the EFL without badges?

And why do you baulk at the idea of an untried coach in Wood ever being involved at the club in any capacity, yet want to give an untried coach in Morrison the managers job? What's the difference and what are you basing it on?
    Morrison is doing his badges ATM (not sure what level) there's a video online where he and peltier are working within the youth system.
    I Kinda agree with gwru. Imo Morrison could make a better manager than wood as I think wood is too soft natured.

I must admit I'm struggling with this.
    We have a situation where a relatively experienced manager is struggling badly with a situation he inherited and his interviews are fairly dispiriting.
    Then we have people making a case for a current player taking over based on..........well nothing at all really.
    Rock and hard place?

Literally based on nothing.

And it can't be Wood because Gru hates him and Warne as they repeatedly proved him to be wrong.

Morrison? No. Hardly been a club captain and has been at the head of a dressing room which has at least three camps or negative players who want to be done for fraud.

I don't think LR is the man, but there is literally nothing he can say week in week out that makes an actual difference to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Imo Morrison could make a better manager than wood as I think wood is too soft natured.
    As I've only seen and heard the odd interview, I don't actually know what either of their natures are really like so I couldn't really have an informed opinion on it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast