+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS saying LR in charge for next season is no guarantee

TS saying LR in charge for next season is no guarantee

Why do fans believe it is ?

They used to say that the dreaded vote of confidence from a chairman was a sure sign he was going to get fired, yet for some reason many of our supporters believe TS when he says Richardson will be here next season.

TS track record is also nit ti be trusted ' shopping at Harrods' etc

LR will not be in the home dugout next season.

Go on then I’ll bite, so we sack LR and Kelly what then? Who’s taking over?, pay them off means less money for players/training ground not on LR side by any means this run he’s on is bobbins but I’ll say again it’s not his team, if another manager came in we’d have the exact same issues yes we can get rid of the wasters at end of their contracts but we’ve still got wasters with contracts for another year Eaves and Hugill for starters
    How about this? TS sacking LR and Rob Scott becoming manager, how would that go down? Peltier Director of Football?
    It could happen so be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Why do fans believe it is ?

They used to say that the dreaded vote of confidence from a chairman was a sure sign he was going to get fired, yet for some reason many of our supporters believe TS when he says Richardson will be here next season.

TS track record is also nit ti be trusted ' shopping at Harrods' etc

LR will not be in the home dugout next season.

No if he's still here he'll be in the away dugout!

Can only hope the dreaded vote of confidence it's a sign LR Kelly they'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No if he's still here he'll be in the away dugout!

Can only hope the dreaded vote of confidence it's a sign LR Kelly they'll be gone.
    According to you he's already in the "Away" dugout.

IBS Has Stewart just said this ? Is it old news ?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    According to you he's already in the "Away" dugout.

Said still!

Bring back the fat man once Stevenage have missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Bring back the fat man once Stevenage have missed out.
    He's on his way.

I think I'm right in saying that we probably all agree on the fact that we need...
    a) a long term strategy instead of winging it season by season.
    b) to try and sign younger players that we can develop over a couple of seasons and sell for a profit instead of signing injury prone has been one year contracts.
    c) to try to integrate more players from the youth setup into the first team.

If I'm correct that we do all think that's what we need, then why do so many people seem to be in favour of bringing Evans back? He's the antithesis of all that. When we first appointed him we desperately needed to get out of League Two by any means, and while he wasn't my choice for that job, fair play to him he delivered what was asked and then some with the second promotion. But there was no plan, there was no strategy. He wasn't looking beyond the next game, never mind the next season. Correct me if I'm wrong but out of 80 odd players that came through the door, was Danny Ward the only one of his signings to leave for a profit?

His M.O. is to sign 10 to 15 players in preseason, another few before the August window shuts to replace some he's already binned off after 3 games, and then another half a dozen in January, and then repeat again the following year. That's not a criticism of him, it's effective in the right circumstances and some clubs will need somebody to do that job like we did back in 2012. But is that really what we need at this moment in time?

I've made it clear before that I'm not his biggest fan but I accept he'd probably get us playing with fight like we want to see, he might even get us straight back up, but then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I think I'm right in saying that we probably all agree on the fact that we need...
    a) a long term strategy instead of winging it season by season.
    b) to try and sign younger players that we can develop over a couple of seasons and sell for a profit instead of signing injury prone has been one year contracts.
    c) to try to integrate more players from the youth setup into the first team.

If I'm correct that we do all think that's what we need, then why do so many people seem to be in favour of bringing Evans back? He's the antithesis of all that. When we first appointed him we desperately needed to get out of League Two by any means, and while he wasn't my choice for that job, fair play to him he delivered what was asked and then some with the second promotion. But there was no plan, there was no strategy. He wasn't looking beyond the next game, never mind the next season. Correct me if I'm wrong but out of 80 odd players that came through the door, was Danny Ward the only one of his signings to leave for a profit?

His M.O. is to sign 10 to 15 players in preseason, another few before the August window shuts to replace some he's already binned off after 3 games, and then another half a dozen in January, and then repeat again the following year. That's not a criticism of him, it's effective in the right circumstances and some clubs will need somebody to do that job like we did back in 2012. But is that really what we need at this moment in time?

I've made it clear before that I'm not his biggest fan but I accept he'd probably get us playing with fight like we want to see, he might even get us straight back up, but then what?
    I agree with your a,b,c and that Evan’s is not the right man for us at the moment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast