+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When did we become Wimbledon FC ?

It makes a change from the keeper passing it to his centre-half in the penalty box. The opposition struggles to come back at us, as we are so rampant. Why though has it taken so long to change things up? Predictable is sooo boring.

I like the fact that finally our opponents don't know what's coming next ✅

We went full Wimbledon for a spell last season, esp under fox, when we were playing route one to fletcher, usually supported by by no one to pick up the knock downs.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    We went full Wimbledon for a spell last season, esp under fox, when we were playing route one to fletcher, usually supported by by no one to pick up the knock downs.
    That drove me nuts. A weekly melt down on repeat.
    We need to make sure if we go up we don't make mistakes like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    lot of our support Buzzin cause we lump it up the park and look for knockdowns

are we now the Crazy gang ?

see if you can answer without saying "Tippy Tappy Pish"
    Play to your strengths. We’ve changed to a “lump up the park” rather than 5 or 6 passes around the back line (allowing opposing defenses to regroup) then a lump up the park. How many teams try to play “Pep-ball” then get caught out with the fannying around? Were people no moaning about Goodwin no having a plan B? He tries something different and we win 5-0. Fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Play to your strengths. We’ve changed to a “lump up the park” rather than 5 or 6 passes around the back line (allowing opposing defenses to regroup) then a lump up the park. How many teams try to play “Pep-ball” then get caught out with the fannying around? Were people no moaning about Goodwin no having a plan B? He tries something different and we win 5-0. Fair play.
    From what I've seen we haven't changed to becoming a long ball team, we're mixing it up, sometimes trying to play through the midfield then sometimes going long. I'm not sure if it's what Goodwin has asked the players to do but it's working because it's moving defences around and creating uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    lot of our support Buzzin cause we lump it up the park and look for knockdowns

are we now the Crazy gang ?

see if you can answer without saying "Tippy Tappy Pish"
    Don’t care what we do as long as we win

Also better to see attaching play and goals

Passing it across the back endlessly and giving the ball away in our defensive third not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    From what I've seen we haven't changed to becoming a long ball team, we're mixing it up, sometimes trying to play through the midfield then sometimes going long. I'm not sure if it's what Goodwin has asked the players to do but it's working because it's moving defences around and creating uncertainty.
    I agree with this. We aren't a team that lumps the ball out of defence all of a sudden as the thread title suggests.

We've now got two old fashioned centre halves, who happen to be good at long balls. We're playing to their strengths. Graham's always loved a big hoof up the park, let's be honest. We're simply not good enough to be fannying around with the ball on our own 6 yard line. Gallagher and Holt aren't good enough, or quick enough, for this.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We've now got two old fashioned centre halves, who happen to be good at long balls. We're playing to their strengths. Graham's always loved a big hoof up the park, let's be honest. We're simply not good enough to be fannying around with the ball on our own 6 yard line. Gallagher and Holt aren't good enough, or quick enough, for this.
    The goalie loves to punt it too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)