+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I very much like the sound of The Nest.
    I doubt very much that the Trent Navigation does though. They probably have around 500 or so fans in there before both Notts and Forest matches. I wonder if we are somehow going to draw in another 1000+ fans into the area pre/post match to keep everyone happy.
    And what will happen to the Meadow Lane Sports Bar? Do they intend to keep that running also?
    I think there'll be plenty of people at the Navi pre match. Not everyone likes a nosiey lager drinking multi screen sports type of bar. I don't, prefer a proper pub selling proper beer so it'll be the Navigation for me mostly. I didn't fancy the concept of the Box Park at Wembley so didn't bother with that either.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-04-2024 at 07:19 PM.

The navi has got quite expensive for a pint since the refurbishment, I'll give the nest a try and see which I prefer.

Wasn't there an issue at the navi focussing on forest supporters earlier in the season? For that, I'll be heading to the nest, not been near the navi since I heard that

If the nest can recreate anything like box park it will be an absolute winner.
    I hope they can make it family friendly and attract the younger generation.
    My daughter came to Wembley last year and her highlight of that day was going to box park after the match.

If they get the vibe right then The Nest will be the place for me. If its banging out loud music and selling overpriced beers I wont be going. If they cater for the average Notts fan who wants a good range of beers a safe environment with decent food at fair prices then Id hope we'd all use it.
    Of course there are significant differences in what people look for pre and post match but if they get it right then it could be a good earner.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I think they'll be plenty of people at the Navi pre match. Not everyone likes a nosiey lager drinking multi screen sports type of bar. I don't, prefer a proper pub selling proper beer so it'll be the Navigation for me mostly. I didn't fancy the concept of the Box Park at Wembley so didn't bother with that either.
    You missed a treat at Wembley OP… I’d never heard of the Box Park until then, but the atmosphere in there that day was fantastic.
    I’m not sure it is an “every week” thing, but for Wembley it was magic. Shame we aren’t going again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    You missed a treat at Wembley OP… I’d never heard of the Box Park until then, but the atmosphere in there that day was fantastic.
    I'll second that. I'd never heard of Boxpark before but it was very close to Wembley and the designated Notts venue, so I gave it a go. The journey down was awful, so my already high stress level went even higher. Boxpark was just what I needed, a joyous hour which renewed my optimism. And then Sam decided to take a goal kick twice and concede a penalty! I only wish I had been able to go back post match because that would have been something really special.

I usually drive to games so don't drink, but I can't wait to give The Nest a go. I might be using my bus pass a bit more next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I’m not sure it is an “every week” thing, but for Wembley it was magic. Shame we aren’t going again this year.
    To be fair I think by the time we got there we didn't have the time anyway. Mini bus, drinking beer and too many pee stops including one in a traffic jam on the M1, not me I might add

I wonder where the press box is going to be relocated to and does Stal know?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I think there'll be plenty of people at the Navi pre match. Not everyone likes a nosiey lager drinking multi screen sports type of bar. I don't, prefer a proper pub selling proper beer so it'll be the Navigation for me mostly. I didn't fancy the concept of the Box Park at Wembley so didn't bother with that either.
    The Navvi has put up their prices, but even if the Nest prices are the same I'm sure Notts fans would prefer to give money to Notts than the Navvi.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    If they get the vibe right then The Nest will be the place for me. If its banging out loud music and selling overpriced beers I wont be going. If they cater for the average Notts fan who wants a good range of beers a safe environment with decent food at fair prices then Id hope we'd all use it.
    Of course there are significant differences in what people look for pre and post match but if they get it right then it could be a good earner.
    I second that not everyone drinks lager and keg bitter.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast